No announcement yet.

My top 5 Prospects in Boxing today....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    by the way, are you sure Guerrero's chin hasn't been tested yet? I chuckled when I read this, but no one has picked up on it yet.....

i was shocked when i saw Brewer lighting his ass up

Comment

IMO Garcia Quillen Golovkin et al aren't prospects anymore

I am hearing Benavidez has stagnated since leaving Wild Card

I hear Frankie Gomez is doing well in Big Bear but has a long way to go. The are planning to drop him to 135 within the next two fights

there is a kid that just landed at Robert Garcia's gym in Oxnard by the name of Michael Finney. Raw and young but may have the best pure power of any prospect I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        my favorites right now

Antonio Orozco- kid is a beast fighting out of SD under the Espinoza Boxing Club banner
        Gabino Saenz- 3-0 3KOs mean mean left hook
        Mercito Gesta- bordering on contender status so I hesitated putting him on
        Gary Russell Jr- kid has all the tools but may be a bit of a headcase as I have been told
        Ronny Rios- kid out of Santa Ana, CA who is cool under pressure in spite of his age
        see. you have a mix of early mid and advanced prospects, i was just looking at advanced (although mikey could be considered a contender, same with mike jones)

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          I wasn't

he went away from coach Barry Hunter and from what I heard Hunter had to coax things out of him to perform. Hunter stated he thought the move to 154 was a mistake as it took the life out of Guerrero's legs

Comment

i was more shocked that dude put on his analysis that his chin hadn't been tested yet...

too many dudes try and drop weight after acclimating to a particular division.

i read today that they're considering moving golovkin down to 154 a la guerrero. mistake I think

Comment

speaking of stagnating, whats the deal with mercito?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
                I wasn't

he went away from coach Barry Hunter and from what I heard Hunter had to coax things out of him to perform. Hunter stated he thought the move to 154 was a mistake as it took the life out of Guerrero's legs

didn't know the details about that...i just didn't put any stock in Brewer in that fight...that's why i was surprised to see him pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  speaking of stagnating, whats the deal with mercito?
                  he's fighting July 9th under Top Rank's banner on the Rios Antillon undercard

then possibly Sept 24th on the JCC Jr undercard, possibly as the opening TV bout in a WBO eliminator

Comment

didn't know the details about that...i just didn't put any stock in Brewer in that fight...that's why i was surprised to see him pull it off
                    Brewer can punch which is why a few people wondered aloud about a guy who had been dropped in his last two fight, being dropped down to another weight, being put in with an old cat who can bang

recipe for disaster

Comment

#1. Matt Korobov

Adrien Broner #2
                      Jose Benavidez
                      Frankie Gomez #5
                      Frankie Gavin
                      James DeGale #3
                      Sadam Ali
                      Alfonso Blanco (Dudes a beast) #4

Comment

Working...