No announcement yet.

Why are people afraid of these?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Precision View Post
    I hate spiders. It's just the why they look and move.

Little spiders don't bother me, It's just the big ****ers that scare the **** out of me.

I like snakes though, they are cool.

That blue spider looks cool but for me it would have to stay caged up.
    I'm opposite.

I love spiders of all kinds, have ever since I was a kid.

But the small ones still fuck with me.

Common brown house spiders look a lot like the brown recluse, and the area I live in has tons of brown recluses. So I just kill any small brown spider I see.

I don't want to end up like this dude.

It's the small ones that do the damage.

A tarantula bite is typically compared to a bee or wasp sting.

Compare that with a brown recluse ; who's venom eats through flesh.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      LOL.

I could never sleep at night knowing a tarantula is in my room. Like i said, id feint if i woke up and it was on me.

Anyways how exactly do they work? Are they capable of recognizing people? Can you pet it or let it sleep on you? Will it ever bite you ? etc etc
      Well, they don't really "work".

They're nocturnal, so during the day all they do is sleep.

They're also completely deaf, and 95% blind.

The only thing their eyes can pick up on are small fragments of light in the area, to let them know if it's night or day ; so they know when it's safe to come out.

Mine does some really cool **** at night when she gets active.

She really likes to reorganize everything in her enclosure. I could set it up perfectly, and she'd have it completely changed around to her liking in about an hour.

As I said, they can't see shapes or objects. So they just go by touch, and vibration.

The little hairs all over their bodies are for sensing the slightest vibrations around them so they can locate prey.

And yeah, I can take her out, she'll just walk up my arms aimlessly, then find a spot she wants to chill out on, and sit there for as long as I let her.

Occasionally she'll spin a web on my shirt or something, too.

Comment

Oh yeah, as for letting it sleep on me - I wouldn't reccomend it.

Tarantulas are really, really delicate creatures.

A fall from just a few inches is enough to rupture their internal organs and kill them.

So it's a bad idea to sleep with one, because the slightest touch such as rolling over, or a simple flick of your cover, could kill it.

Comment

Here's mine, btw.

Comment

How do you keep it frmo biting you?

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
              How do you keep it frmo biting you?
              I don't have to keep her from biting me.

She's never even tried to.

I mean, if she wanted to ; she could.

But she's a laidback, blind, deaf spider who doesn't give a ****, I guess.

Comment

I don't dislike spiders, it's just the little house spiders: they are determined to crawl on me when I try and let them be. Not going to lie: I squash them a lot.

I like Ants a lot. That is a cool insect. At the moment my girlfriends room is infested and we had to put this stuff down in this little thing called the ant station. It's heartbreaking man, aparently they catch a flu from the stuff and spread it to the whole colony it's like The Stand by Stephen King. I emptied it the other day and there must have been about 200 dead ants in there; all shrivelled up and like burnt out. My gf put so much stuff in it they must have just drown in it.

I felt awful for a while. But it's not like you can talk to ants and say: Seriously, ya'll have to leave son.

Comment

Originally posted by SnoopySmurf View Post

Scientists say its racial memory.. Sometime in our evolution.. Humans needed to be very afraid of spiders.. or a particular spider.. It's in our genes

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    Here's mine, btw.

how does it sit on your **** like that without biting you?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                      I don't dislike spiders, it's just the little house spiders: they are determined to crawl on me when I try and let them be. Not going to lie: I squash them a lot.

I like Ants a lot. That is a cool insect. At the moment my girlfriends room is infested and we had to put this stuff down in this little thing called the ant station. It's heartbreaking man, aparently they catch a flu from the stuff and spread it to the whole colony it's like The Stand by Stephen King. I emptied it the other day and there must have been about 200 dead ants in there; all shrivelled up and like burnt out. My gf put so much stuff in it they must have just drown in it.

I felt awful for a while. But it's not like you can talk to ants and say: Seriously, ya'll have to leave son.

I am about to pour gasoline on a huge ant pile outside, how does that make you feel?

Comment

Working...
                      X