Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who thinks fighters now are better then they were in the past?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

skills - Present
    Mentally and attitude - Past

Comment

and plz, show me a picture of 'ripped' joe louis and sugar ray, from what i've seens these guys had even feint abs, they were built for stamina

and you might think that the whole ''oh so what if you have ripped muscles'' dont mean **** but that alone is an indication of evolution, our muscles adapt from past experiences not to make us look good, but to help us get past the obsticles we had been faced with before

Comment

depends on the era

it does seem like an excuse for young fans to dismiss older fighters and not bother researching them sometimes

Comment

Physically the guys are better now than they were 50 years ago but what really makes a good fighter is the heart, determination etc. which i would say was better then than it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
            Funny you should say that cuz thats how i feel about Mosley...

When i watch the dude as crazy as it sounds he looks similar to Sugar ray
            with the combos even down to the way he moves etc...

Not saying Mosley is like Sugar ray Acheivement wise
            im just saying very similar in the way they both went about things in the ring
            I've seen many old footage as well and similarities can be seen specially during exchanges. It's the way Mosley punches, head high, chest out and loads each punch. Anyweyz, I think if anyone would like to imagine how the old fighters would look against today's fighters, Mosley is as close as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by m00ks View Post
              I've seen many old footage as well and similarities can be seen specially during exchanges. It's the way Mosley punches, head high, chest out and loads each punch. Anyweyz, I think if anyone would like to imagine how the old fighters would look against today's fighters, Mosley is as close as it gets.
              that's why he loses to the technical fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Swirls[BMITP] View Post
                that's why he loses to the technical fighters
                fucken a, bro! These old school fans might talk about Archie Moore, but if you put him in the ring with Chad Dawson the only thing he'd catch would be a freakin' beat down!

Comment

i think fighters are better now just like technology is better now!

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin6591 View Post
                    in every sport the athletes get bigger faster and stronger
                    EXACTLY. Throw Willie Pep in the ring with Andre Berto and all he's catching is a one-sided beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterball View Post
                      fucken a, bro! These old school fans might talk about Archie Moore, but if you put him in the ring with Chad Dawson the only thing he'd catch would be a freakin' beat down!
                      This may be satire but far too many people hold that sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X