Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev V Andre Ward is NO WHERE NEAR a 50 50 fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward is a much, much better boxer. Kovalev doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
      Ward is a much, much better boxer. Kovalev doesn't stand a chance.
      Fair enough, hope you guys are betting on ward, i want good odds for sergey.

Btw i was wafching issac chilemba against bellew and hes very awkward, almost like a slicker light heavyweight version of bika.

Good prep for ward imo and needs to do alof of work, but i still predict a kovalev win.

Comment

So did brand prep ward for kovalev? Did hehave a good jab? Was ne bigger than ward, did ne have any power?

Intrigued because this could factor in what is deemed a 50 50 fight.

Comment

yeah its not a 50/50 fight in my opinion. expecting kovalev to beat him fairly comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
            Fair enough, hope you guys are betting on ward, i want good odds for sergey.

Btw i was wafching issac chilemba against bellew and hes very awkward, almost like a slicker light heavyweight version of bika.

Good prep for ward imo and needs to do alof of work, but i still predict a kovalev win.
            Chilemba is more slick and trickier than Ward to hit I really couldn't see a Ward being capable of doing that at such a late stage of his career.

We'll see what Ward does I have a bad feeling he will lead with his head into clinches and very likely the referee won't pull him up for it he did it with Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler so why wouldn't he try it with Kovalev?

I hope boxing prevails If this fight happens and that the clean noncheating fighter wins it which would be Kovalev, Ward can't win this fight with REAL boxing skills hence why he needs to resort to low handed dirty cheating tactics which have nothing to do with boxing skill.

Comment

I give the edge to kovalev

Wards right shoulder is messed up imho

If you look at the barrera fight he didnt throw it with conviction and he turned southpaw vs brand to go for the ko

Comment

My take is ward can definitely win this fight, but i simply have to go for kovalev as wards prep for even a decent super middleweight has been shocking.

Perhaps ward has a style that EVERYONE struggles with, regardless of ability?

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                  Lets take away who you think is better for a second. Some may think Ward more skilful, some may think kovelev power is to much, lets forget all of that and admit that both are elite fighters.

So once you remove they are elite fighters, i cannot see for the life of me how Andre ward beats Kovalev. He's simply not faced tough enough opposition at supper middle/catch weights since Carl Froch. Over weight Super middles, Over weight c level catch weights, this is not preparation for Adonis Stevenson let alone Sergey Kovavlev.

I played Tennis at a high level when younger and i can tell you, even if you are way more talented than your opponent, if they are fairly gifted, but are training with much better guys than you, who push him much harder than you are being pushed then chances are you will lose on simply not being prepared.

Sergey has faced ismael Silakh, Cleverly, Hopkins, Pascal twice, Chilemba, with a few okayish B level opponents thrown in the mix.

Ward has faced NOT only less opponents in the last three years here's who he has faced, Edwin rodriguez(who missed the weight), paul Smith(missed the weight and is a C level fighter being generous),Sullivan barrea(getting better tbf) and now Alexander Brand.

Taking talent aside how on earth is Ward even slightly prepared for Kovalev?

Discuss.
                  Well, maybe Ward IS training with high-quality guys. :-D

Nevertheless, IMO this fight falls slightly outside the common wisdom. We have two guys who are exceptional. I don't believe that either one of them will be beaten because they are not prepared.

Comment

Barrera was preparation enough for Kovalev. And he's a much better fighter than Pascal.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

The great thing about this discussion is that the fight is actually happening so it doesn't matter how we feel. Somebody is gonna lose and somebody is gonna win. Unless its a draw.
                      Wiser words have never been spoken.

Comment

Working...
                      X