Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao buys brand new Ferrari 458 Italia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars like that are about the worst investment a rich person could make. The depreciation is so signifcant matched with its near useless capabilities(you're not going 150mph in these things ANYWHERE, unless ofcourse you're Arthur Abraham) that you'd probably get more of a thrill by setting $150,000+ on fire. Giving out 50 Rolex's to his posse would have been more rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
      Cars like that are about the worst investment a rich person could make. The depreciation is so signifcant matched with its near useless capabilities(you're not going 150mph in these things ANYWHERE, unless ofcourse you're Arthur Abraham) that you'd probably get more of a thrill by setting $150,000+ on fire. Giving out 50 Rolex's to his posse would have been more rewarding.
      This.

As soon as you drive it off the lot, the value plummets. But whatever, it's his money and he can do whatever he wants. Badass car too.

Comment

now he needs to pay the car....

Comment

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
          now he needs to pay the car....
          How much does he owe the car?

Also, how do you pay a car?

Thanks in advance for answering.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
            This.

As soon as you drive it off the lot, the value plummets. But whatever, it's his money and he can do whatever he wants. Badass car too.
            Ferraris don't depreciate as quickly as you think. With a two-year waiting list, a 458 Italia will retain much of its value after one or two years. And he's only driving it when he's in the States so the mileage will remain low.

Comment

Originally posted by NSX-R View Post
              Ferraris don't depreciate as quickly as you think. With a two-year waiting list, a 458 Italia will retain much of its value after one or two years. And he's only driving it when he's in the States so the mileage will remain low.
              All my points says Manny Pacquiao drives this car less than 5 times.

See he doesn't need the image boost. lol the guy is already known everywhere, and this car is not going to get him more vag. The car simply doesnt fit his lifestyle. Manny Pacquiao is inspirational. He's definitely not cool by any means IMO.

Comment

if you worked hard for your money, why not splurge and spoil yourself?

Comment

I will be honest I was impressed with how entertaining Manny was on 24/7, with the whole banter in sparring and giving a hug to a bloodied Linares, getting blood on his shirt and saying it's okay. Now this car...I am not a fan of Manny the boxer, but Manny the person is showing more of a personality now compared to the one of a few years ago. I like that.

Comment

Originally posted by KING MEAT View Post
                    if you worked hard for your money, why not splurge and spoil yourself?
                    True. I hate it when people I know who don't have jobs talk about me buying Jordans and expensive clothing...dude I work STFU and get a job and buy what ever you want. As long as i'm paying my bills, i'm good.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
                      All my points says Manny Pacquiao drives this car less than 5 times.

See he doesn't need the image boost. lol the guy is already known everywhere, and this car is not going to get him more vag. The car simply doesnt fit his lifestyle. Manny Pacquiao is inspirational. He's definitely not cool by any means IMO.
                      If he were to buy the same car in the Philippines it would cost twice as much due to import taxes... although I reckon Manny has the connections to circumvent the tax issue with foreign cars. And there's no place he can really drive that car with the congestion back home, especially in the crappy area of the southern Philippines where he lives. So really, if he wants to experience the luxury of owning a supercar, buying a Ferrari in SoCal is his only option.

The 458 Italia is a masterpiece both aesthetically and mechanically. Forget about the image boost associated with the car, the sensation of driving it is probably worth 250 grand.
                      Last edited by NSX-R; 10-23-2011, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X