Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Will Begin Opponent Discussions Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Cotto he has Rubio out of his hair now. I think James Kirkland or Glen Tapia become a real target at 160lbs. I'm personally hoping that Cotto takes on Martin Murray next, I think that would be a good fight since Murray gave Sergio some problems in their fight. I doubt Andy Lee gets the fight but it wouldn't shock me, though I believe the fight is going to take place at Amway Center in Orlando.

Comment

Cotto going down the Mayweather route....

Comment

Originally posted by tgoodm10 View Post
        What a *****!!! He waits until Rubio and GGG are no longer available. This fraud needs to relinquish the belt. He doesn't want to fight middleweights unless they're disabled or bums.
        Cotto a fraud? I think you have him mixed up with mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
          Seriously, I am tired of this ****. "I'll talk to him on Monday", "We will sit down together next week and discuss this", "He's on holiday with his family so we haven't even spoken about an opponent". Somehow GGG never burdens us with this primadonna garbage.

Everyone should just chill. Cotto moves up and expired Sergio falls into his lap, so what? That doesn't make him Ray Robinson all of a sudden. I am not so sure Cotto would have been a bigger challenge for GGG than Rubio. So let's forget the hype and enjoy good fights. If Cotto never fights GGG it's not the end of the world. I'd much rather see GGG with Ward - I am hoping Ward becomes desperate and GGG raises his profile enough to make this fight sooner rather than later.
          well thats cuz GGG cant sell any tickets, so he really doesnt have a choice.

Comment

Cotto has a potential fight with Canelo next May. I expect him to take an easy. winnable, build up fight in December.

As cotto made clear before the Sergio fight-you work your whole career to get the chance to have more control and make more money.

Comment

I'm ok with a soft touch as long as he fights Canelo or Golovkin next year (Golovkin being the mandatory for the belt).

Comment

Comment

I think Arum and Oscar are gonna try and do Cotto-Nelo in May to compete with Floyd. If that's the case, Bradley excites the most.

Comment

If they have to do a PPV event it probably will be Bradley, Andy Lee isn't exactly PPV worthy.

Comment

Cotto isn't going to fight GGG at the moment because there is no money in that fight. Here is the bottom line, Cotto could sell way more tickets for reading poetry then what GGG could sell for fighting.

I am not sure who Cotto should fight next. I do want to see him fight Canelo though. That is going to be a good action fight that most of the fans will love. I do agree that Cotto's next fight shouldn't be a PPV fight, unless he is fighting someone like Bradley. I am not sure that Bradly should take that fight though, unless he has at least 1 fight a Junior Middleweight first, so his body can get use to the extra weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X