No announcement yet.

In bar fight: Jon Jones vs Mike Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by $Natedatpkid$ View Post
    Jones isn't much of a "traditional wrestler". The majority of his take downs come from the clinch. And a street fight isn't the same as standing 30 feet away from each other across the octagon, the bell ringing and giving the wrestler enough time and space to circle and shoot.

Jones isn't small and compact like Randy either. Tyson is, not to mention hes bigger, just as fast with incredible head movement. The small compact and powerful guys Jones faced where Rampage, Rashad and Glover but jones stayed on the outside and broke them down before taking them down later on.

The most important key here is its a street fight and Jones isn't exactly built for one as hes effective largely because of length where let's him control range beautifully. He's great at picking people apart from distances. Jones wins an MMA fight but in the street Jones is no match. Tyson blitz's, Jones either swings or tries to grab him only to get put to sleep.

sure, if you let tyson sucker punch him the fight is over.

i think it's pretty obvious for the discussion that we're not letting him do that. if we're talking about a fair fight, they should be in a decent sized area, probably on pavement, and they should start without one guy getting a chance to sucker punch the other.

i dhont think you guys realize just how easily a wrestler like jones would take tyson, a complete novice wrestler, down. he was a state champ in high school, and a national champ in junior college. he can f#cking wrestle. if you're familiar with MMA, you only need to watch his fights to know that.

Comment

Jones has great game plans but when I think street fight I'm thinking it's personal, heat of the moment.

Jones says something like "Mike, sir, I was not impressed by your mother's performance last night."

"Lithen up biiitch, don't you ever talk about my mother I'll make you thuck my dick and kith my ath at the Thame damn time!"

Tyson bum rushes and KO's him. Jones didn't even want a apart of the American gangsta chael sonnen a natural middleweight on 8 days notice since it "Wasn't enough time for a proper training camp!"
      Last edited by $Bullsfam$; 07-18-2014, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Not to mention Led didn't give us many ground rules. Does Jones know he's fighting the ferocious Mike Tyson or are they just 2 random guys that ran Into each other on the street?

Of course Jones can wrestle and is a great champ, I've seen all his fights and I can tell you the guy is like Mayweather in the aspect he's a better technical fighter that uses the ring to his advantage. He is AMAZING at moving around the ring and using his length to hit fighters from great distances to where he can't be hit back. I will also throw in I don't think Floyd would be a good street fighter either. Jones has amazing game plans with amazing ring general ship with the most ridiculous reach advantage of any MMA fighter on the planet. The one time he got his ass whooped though he still squeezed by a controversial decision was when he fought Gus who he didn't have a huge size advantage on.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          to the guys saying that jones gets knocked out, do you really think he's going to stand there and punch? he's going for a single leg takedown, and getting as low as possible.

think couture vs toney. i understand that toney was out of shape and old, but i also udnerstand that it wouldn't have mattered if he were not.

watch that fight again, and you'll see what i mean. tyson would look like a fish out of water with a great wrestler like john jones.
          U don't think mike wouldn't bite, eye gouge, grab balls if Jones wrestles

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            U don't think mike wouldn't bite, eye gouge, grab balls if Jones wrestles

you don't think jones could gouge some eyes with those long ass fingers, and drop illegal bows to the dome doe?

Comment

you don't think jones could gouge some eyes with those long ass fingers, and drop illegal bows to the dome doe?
              Yeah, the eye gouge is one of Jone's best moves.

Comment

Jones would definitely be looking to land his knee cap stomp-eye gouge combos.

Would Jones trouble Tyson with those gouges?

Comment

None of that sht matters.

If Tyson don't ohko him. He's getting choked out. Guillotine. Done.

Comment

Mike gonna molest that dude in a street fight... He is gonna bit the hell out of jones and rip his balls off... No doubt

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      Mike gonna molest that dude in a street fight... He is gonna bit the hell out of jones and rip his balls off... No doubt

whose sport is more like street fighting, tyson's or jones'?

tyson can do one thing. he was trained to box.

jones can do several. if he's in a boxing match, he's losing to tyson, obviously. they aren't boxing in the scenario the TS put forward.

he would put tyson on his back before mike knew what to do. he'd have no answer for a low single leg takedown. no boxer would. you have too much weight on your front foot, and it's too far forward. jones would be too low to get punched. jones would only need to get a hand on the thing, and it would be over. if tyson doens't go down, his knee is getting caved in backwards by jones shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                      X