No announcement yet.

It seems Maidana needs a break

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I thought the same on the way home but then I thought... maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    You think, why would anyone not want that payday? They lose, so what? It's not like losing to Floyd Mayweather ruins fighters. Not most fighters, anyway. And you get exposure and money you'll find nowhere else.

We know Golden Boy has wanted Mayweather/Khan for 2 years, maybe they've decided to push it through no matter what. It is a paranoid viewpoint, but boxing deserves such skepticism.

Comment

screw what writer says

don't see Maidana turning down a $4-5 million payday

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
        Maidana May not get this type of opportunity again if he does get the fight

agree. if you're chino maidana, you take the fight. you are not going to win anyway.

this might just be some posture to get goldenboy to make the fight, thinking that they've got some extra advantage from chino's "hard training camp" [whatever that means.]

who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          If Broner is the real deal, or even a slight resemblance, getting humbled by Maidana was the best thing to happen to him. Not that Haymon wanted him to lose, but it will still work out for him.
          Maybe. But more than a humbling he took a beating no one knows what lasting effects could have.

As for the paranoid hypothesis, I don't know if they are OK or not. What I can say is that there were several signs that Chino really suffered such a hard training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            agree. if you're chino maidana, you take the fight. you are not going to win anyway.

this might just be some posture to get goldenboy to make the fight, thinking that they've got some extra advantage from chino's "hard training camp" [whatever that means.]

who knows.
            The article has been published in an Argentine newspaper, for Argentine readers, and it has been written by someone who clearly has off the record information. I don't see any hidden operation here.

Comment

It wouldn't surprised me if Maidana loses next year, especially with Thurman as his mandatory, and the Floyd fight would disappear. He should take it while he can.
              Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 01-04-2014, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383
                Quote:

Originally Posted by FromBA

But who knows what Floyd is thinking...

Al Haymon is Maidana advisor also so they will do what's best for him.
                Lol

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  It wouldn't surprised me if Maidana loses next year, especially with Thurman aas his mandatory, and the Floyd fight would disappear. He should take while he can.

keith thurman would move circles around maidana, and probably end the fight with a knockout.

eventually maidana is going to press on the pedal, and he won't have anything left in the tank. he's been in hard fights in victory and defeat for years now.

they'll take the fight if it's offered. i don't put any stock into what this writer says in terms of its effect on team chino taking the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FromBA View Post
                    The article has been published in an Argentine newspaper, for Argentine readers, and it has been written by someone who clearly has off the record information. I don't see any hidden operation here.

writers do that all the time. that's one of the ways that american writers make their money in the advent of the internet, and the waning popularity of newspapers. i'm most directly familiar with writers being used as mouthpieces for american promotors, but it's surely not out of the question that this argentine writer is doing this to gain the favor of maidana's people and help them get the fight.

Comment

sally had a new video of maidana every day last year, marcos never left the gym. ariza's regimen probably busted him up the most, maidana doesn't seem like the athletic type.

Comment

Working...
                      X