No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs 140 Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
    Is Garcia Broner, and what does Broner have to do with this thread stop deflecting, Garcia has been put in with true tops dogs at a young age because him and his people have felt confident in his abilities from the very start. Garcia resume is littered with all the top 140 pounders, to B class ones like Holt and Campbell, and even future prospects like Theophane, Garcia already ran through em, he ran through them all. Things like this is why it irks me so much that Pederson was allowed to keep his paper title post LM , had it not been for politics Garcia would have been a undisputed champion at 25 in this day in age. Him not being allowed to be the undisputed champ which he earned allows his haters to continue throw shade on him instead of celebrate his greatness at 25..............

Broner is a hype job in the same ilk as Canelo they fought nothing but cans they are 20 pounds bigger than, and both have received gifts vs people they should have stomped out quick. Broner doesnt deserve to be in this conversation he's not even elite......
    I'm not hating on Danny, at all. I have so much respect for the kid. And yes, Broner's the hype job.

The question was, Cotto vs. Garcia at 140. I think Cotto outclasses the kid. It would be a good fight, but I think people would leave with the impression that Cotto was just the better man.

Comment

Is Garcia Broner, and what does Broner have to do with this thread stop deflecting, Garcia has been put in with true tops dogs at a young age because him and his people have felt confident in his abilities from the very start. Garcia resume is littered with all the top 140 pounders, to B class ones like Holt and Campbell, and even future prospects like Theophane, Garcia already ran through em, he ran through them all. Things like this is why it irks me so much that Pederson was allowed to keep his paper title post LM , had it not been for politics Garcia would have been a undisputed champion at 25 in this day in age. Him not being allowed to be the undisputed champ which he earned allows his haters to continue throw shade on him instead of celebrate his greatness at 25..............

Broner is a hype job in the same ilk as Canelo they fought nothing but cans they are 20 pounds bigger than, and both have received gifts vs people they should have stomped out quick. Broner doesnt deserve to be in this conversation he's not even elite......
      I would point out Cotto was also 23-25 during his undefeated run at LWW. It wasn't like his competition was significantly worse (you could probably make an argument it was equal or even better) than Danny's at 140. At least I don't think so.

Comment

cotto had serious chin problems at 140............

I'm now convinced. danny will always be underrated on forums.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

It wasn't like he didn't face guys with decent-really good power at LWW. Bailey and Torres were already mentioned, but guys like Ndou, Sosa, or even Pinto looked to have decent pop.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

It's starting to make me legit angry now lmao........................

A gate keeper in Corley had him on Jelly legs for like a round in a half and he survives Garcia...........

SN: I like how yall bring up C class fighters like Torres and Bailey but dont mention chop chop

Comment

Originally posted by JPsol View Post
              It wasn't like he didn't face guys with decent-really good power at LWW. Bailey and Torres were already mentioned, but guys like Ndou, Sosa, or even Pinto looked to have decent pop.
              What about Corley????????????

Comment

A gate keeper in Corley had him on Jelly legs for like a round in a half and he survives Garcia...........

SN: I like how yall bring up C class fighters like Torres and Bailey but dont mention chop chop
                Corley also hurt Floyd, what's your point?

And besides that point. You're seriously getting angry that people think Cotto would beat Danny?

OK, you think Danny earned his respect, of course he has, but there's no need to get angry if people think Cotto would beat Danny. You're acting like Cotto is some bum from Friday night fights.
                Last edited by GO_4_IT; 09-20-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Chop Chop was better back then or at least wasn't in complete decline, although I get what you are saying. Obviously, Garcia would have a good chance to win, but I hardly think it is clear or somehow guaranteed he would. Call Torres and Bailey C-Class if you want, but they definitely had power. Garcia is clearly superior to them in terms of boxing skills, but I don't necessarily agree Danny would secure the KO/TKO because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by GO_4_IT View Post
                    Corley also hurt Floyd, what's your point?
                    He caughts Floyd attention thats about it, then Floyd went right back to cutting ass

Was Floyd ice skating for a round in a half getting his best Amir Khan impressions on

Kind of wierd you wouldnt mention a fighter that buzzed Mayweather dont you think, wonder why you aint mention him

Dont play ball with Babe Ruth, I could do this all night.....

Comment

He caughts Floyd attention thats about it, then Floyd went right back to cutting ass

Was Floyd ice skating for a round in a half getting his best Amir Khan impressions on

Kind of wierd you wouldnt mention a fighter that buzzed Mayweather dont you think, wonder why you aint mention him

So, basically, you want me to say that Danny would either beat Cotto or knock him out?

Would that make you happy?

Sorry, not a chance in hell I'd claim something like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X