Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Greater Official Fighter of the Decade Winner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This question - and their all-time ranking head to head - is too close to call at this moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      it doesn't matter.

i love roy but pacquiao will be considered the greater fighter.

same with their run in their respective decade.
      I remember a lot of people were saying after Jones dominated Ruiz that he was a top 10 ATG. But, then in his next 3 fights he legacy suffered.... And, went down the rankings...

You don't think is possible for Pac to suffer the same faith?

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Well the 90's decade was from 1990-1999 correct? Roy recieved the award in 2000 right?

So I classify 2000-2009 as the decade. Since that is what everybody else classifies at. Think about it Pac already won the decade award and had a party and everything for it.

If 2010 counted then why would they give the award out in the middle of 2010? Why not wait till 2010 was over with?
        Ok I see your reasoning. So basically your saying for 2010 to be counted, the whole year has to be complete?

In that case I'll take Clottey out.

Comment

I remember a lot of people were saying after Jones dominated Ruiz that he was a top 10 ATG. But, then in his next 3 fights he legacy suffered.... And, went down the rankings...

I doubt what happened to Roy would happen to Pac but there are other ways he could hurt his ranking. At the end of the day, we won't really know until all is said and done. What we do know is that both are all-time greats by a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
            Ok I see your reasoning. So basically your saying for 2010 to be counted, the whole year has to be complete?

In that case I'll take Clottey out.
            No, I am saying that 2010 will be counted for the new decade(2010-2019)

Comment

No, I am saying that 2010 will be counted for the new decade(2010-2019)
              ok so what should I do with clottey?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I doubt what happened to Roy would happen to Pac but there are other ways he could hurt his ranking. At the end of the day, we won't really know until all is said and done. What we do know is that both are all-time greats by a lot.
                I agree that we have to wait till Pac career is done for us to have this debate...

But, since both have won the decade award. I think the better question is who had the better decade Roy in the 90's or Pac in the 00's.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  This question - and their all-time ranking head to head - is too close to call at this moment.
                  Yes, that's a different issue that shouldn't be mixed up with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                    ok so what should I do with clottey?
                    Not count him as a win for the decade that Pac won the award for... Just like you won't count Pac Flyweight title.

Comment

possible but doubtful.

pacquiao doesn't have many more fights left. maybe 1-2. 3 at most.

if he does lose it'll be to a top p4p fighter like floyd or a much bigger 147-154 fighter so i don't see it hurting him much.

roy jones got screwed because a combination of 2 things.

1. his resume was not that great.

2. he continued fighting far too long.

if he had a great resume , losses past his prime wouldn't matter because he already proved his greatness.

problem with roy is he had a good resume but not a great one. easier for critics to downgrade his achievements.

Comment

Working...
                      X