No announcement yet.

There's only one way I think you can beat mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's only one way I think you can beat mayweather

Fight him going backwards. Mayweather is only open when he throws. Give him a reason to come forward by giving him openings on purpose, and catch him. Keeping the pace no matter what and constantly keep setting him up.

I think Martinez could beat mayweather if he fights him at 154. Martinez is a tough one. He's got heart like Margarito, conditioning like mayweather, with the athleticism of a soccer player and killer instinct like pacquiao, with more power and intelligence. He practically chopped down Paul williams I mean damn.. and look what he did to Chavez's cheating cruiserweight ass. He's barely even a middleweight

This is the fight that needs to be on Showtime.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-27-2013, 10:15 PM.

that wont work. Floyd is a master boxer, great footwork, timing, and does a great job at cutting the ring off. Ofcourse Sergio could give him hell for a number of reasons but I wouldnt say that means this is the way to beat him. A million others could fight Floyd like that and get demolished

Comment

I don't think someone has to go backwards, but to me the key would be making Floyd actually miss thus get out of his comfort zone.

No matter what it is going to be a challenge to really hit Floyd clean, but if you can make him miss he does not throw enough to win on activity, so he will try different stuff and then force him into situations that don't benefit him.

Comment

I've said it many times. Sergio's the only fighter that would beat Floyd. Maybe not beat Floyd, but definitely give him problems. 50/50 imo. Depending on their game plans.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          that wont work. Floyd is a master boxer, great footwork, timing, and does a great job at cutting the ring off. Ofcourse Sergio could give him hell for a number of reasons but I wouldnt say that means this is the way to beat him. A million others could fight Floyd like that and get demolished
          Yeah, fighting backwards isn't going to get the job done. When you're backing up, you're already at a disadvantage with him. His defensive pressure is too sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
            Fight him going backwards. Give him a reason to come forward by giving him openings on purpose, and catch him when he's throwing. Keep up the pace no matter what and constantly keep setting him up.

I think Martinez could beat mayweather if he fights him at 154. Martinez is a tough one. He's got heart like Margarito, conditioning like mayweather, with the athleticism of a soccer player and killer instinct like pacquiao, with more power and intelligence. He practically chopped down Paul williams I mean damn.. and look what he did to Chavez's cheating cruiserweight ass. He's barely even a middleweight

This is the fight that needs to be on Showtime.
            basically be Pernell Whitaker

Comment

Floyd tends to fight aggressively against southpaws anyway.

The problem would be the situation you are left in if you run out your gas tank making Floyd desperate.

That's a situation you'd want to avoid. He can be rather rude.

Comment

Gotta have a game plan.

You can create plays in boxing just like in basketball to throw a chess player like mayweather off by creating plays multiple moves in advance. If mayweather is a 4 move ahead fighter, you have to create 5 move plays. Sergio is that type of fighter.

He can set mayweather up.
                Last edited by DARKSEID; 02-27-2013, 09:41 PM.

Comment

I think just turning it into a dogfight all 3 minutes of each of the 12 rounds is what would win it lol. But thats impossible because Floyd has great stamina and ring generalship so someone would have to have a ridiculous amount of stamina and be able to cut the ring off perfectly. Backing up so Floyd comes to you won't work it will just be a very boring fight Floyd is patient and wont fal for it IMO

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    basically be Pernell Whitaker
                    Haha, right.......

Comment

Working...
                    X