Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what's a fair price to pay Saunders or Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    Was being sarcastic. Seriously though: This fight never happens because of the stupid HBO Showtime feud. Neither fighter will break contract nor should they.
    But it seems everything has to be HBO's way or the highway. Why does it have to be HBO's way or no deal? There's no compromising whatsoever from their end.

To me, that's BS.

Comment

K2 and HBO need to make that investment and pay up to get better opponents for GGG, NOBODY Will or SHOULD fight GGG for Cheap

I said when he signed that HBO Deal, that deal limit his earning potential, it does NOTHING for him!
      Last edited by sicko; 05-21-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

To get them in the ring, I'd say start by doubling their previous career high and start negotiations there

Cant call yourself a monster and a superstar then pay guys what they got to fight C level fighters

Comment

Originally posted by Holystroke3 View Post
          To get them in the ring, I'd say start by doubling their previous career high and start negotiations there

Cant call yourself a monster and a superstar then pay guys what they got to fight C level fighters
          this

Take it a step further, you can't call yourself a star, then pay your opponents crumbs.

EDIT: Ooops, you already said star. Took the words out my fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
            But it seems everything has to be HBO's way or the highway. Why does it have to be HBO's way or no deal? There's no compromising whatsoever from their end.

To me, that's BS.
            Write them a letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              Write them a letter.
              I'll post it on their twitter or shoot it in an email.

Comment

I'll post it on their twitter or shoot it in an email.
                Wrong, they'll write you off as a typical e-nerd. A real letter is old school.

Comment

Well, who can say what's fair and what isn't, that really doesn't come into it when its business.

Saunders was apparently offered $1m to fight GGG at one point, which he said wasn't enough and i assume he already made more than that against Lee and Eubank, so he obviously wants more than what he earned against them, plus he's a world champion.

This is the problem though and i'm not talking about these fighters, just boxing in general. Say Haymon would pay Jacobs $1m to beat up a bum, he's going to want $2m or $3m to fight GGG but GGG would be the A-side and even he only makes $2m at most per fight, and there's only a limited budget for every event available.

It just goes back to overpaying fighters too early to fight poor opposition, it makes fights harder to make down the road. It's one of the biggest problems in boxing. There's not much financial incentive to take the bigger fights sometimes when you can make great money fighting bums.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                    Google Trends is not the end-of-it-all measurement of popularity, although it's pretty damn good. But the beauty of that app is that it shows you popularity over time. Change the timeline (on top) to last 12 months. The Quillin/Jacobs interest resulted in a slight bump, which was the same as interest in Lemieux before Oct15. If you look at the period when neither was fighting, Lemieux is more popular than Jacobs.

Show me where?
                    Loeffler has not publicly turned down any fight. He does his job by making every fight sound awesome.

As a recent example, when Kell Brook said he'll fight Golovkin, Golovkin said that he's not fighting Brook because he's too small
                    Link: http://www.boxing news24.com/2016/04/208692
                    While Loeffler was all about the fight
                    Link: http://www.boxing news24.com/2016/04/208967/
                    And the irony is that Loeffler's statement came 4 days AFTER Golovkin.

There have been examples of this all over. For example, Golovkin has said that a fight with Chavez Jr is not serious, while Loeffler kept talking about it. Same thing with Ward - even after Golovkin said "you're dead to me", Loeffler still kept saying they would be interested in a fight with Ward.

Even OnePunch was saying a few days ago that he's tired of Loeffler's nice guy attitude.
                    Oh cool, I've never used google trends....

Comment

What channel is Kovalev vs Chilemba going to be on?

I'm pretty sure, it's not HBO
                      Well you'd be pretty wrong...

Comment

Working...
                      X