Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thurman shoukd make a brief move up to 154 for Canelo.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavyfist View Post
    LMAO! Canelo would clean KO Thurman. Canelo hits very very hard, and straight. Thurman on the other hand throws loopy easy to see punches. He hits hard too, but not as hard as Canelo at all, and probably not too impressive at 154.

Canelo would absolutely destroy him, without doubt.

Thurman should stay at 147 because I do not think he would be very successful at 154. He knows this, that is why hes at 147.

Thurman would also be outclassed by many slick boxers.
    Good post. Gimme some examples of how some fights would go for Thurman at 154.

Comment

very good fight, i like both. but if i had to choose id go with canelo by ko in 9.

Comment

I wouldn't advise anyone from 147 that isn't called Mayweather to jump up to face Canelo. He hits extremely hard, is huge at the weight and he continues to improve in all aspects of his game.

Thurman is a good fighter, but the way he throws his punches and the fact he's been wobbled by average punchers would signal big trouble against Canelo.

Comment

If Soto Karass can rock Thurman, I don't see why a more naturally bigger, stronger fighter with better boxing abilities couldn't do the same or more.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
            Thurman doesn't really load up on his punches. He loads up on a punch as a feint and then hits with the other hand.
            I've only seen the fight once but when he got buzzed by Karass, he had his right hand low and was clearly loading up for a hook or uppercut while his chin was in the air. Against Guerrero, after he dropped him, I could predict every punch he was going to throw because of the way he hangs his hand low and judges distance with the other. I think Canelo would time him while his hands are low and proceed to do some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Champions View Post
              As if Canelo would fight him.

Canelo didn't even go near K-9.
              Because everyone is running scared of K9, hes the most avoided guy in boxing. I heard GGG said hed move to 168 if K9 decided to move up... lol! I dont even like Canelo but its funny "certain" people on here cant stand for Mexicans to have any power in boxing. Jealousy is a tool of the devil.

Comment

Moving up is what everybody at Welterweight Want! You don't give them what they want, you stay at Welterweight and Hunt them down one by one

He been at 154 vs Cintron and he carries his Power to 154 so yeah that is a option if he cleans up 147. But moving up because nobody wants to fight you is the dumbest solution ever!

Comment

Working...
                X