Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These scum will be brought to justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
      Bro don't even go their, do you even know what the IRA are blowing up English men, women and kids for????
      Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
        Fine then, substitute Northern Ireland with the murder of Dr. George Tiller, or the Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting, or the murder of Dr. John Britton, or the The Centennial Olympic Park bombing, or the bombings of various planned parenthood buildings, or the suicide attack on the IRS building in Austin, Texas, or the Oklahoma City bombing, or Christians in the Central African Republic targeting muslims for murder under the Djotodia administration, or various acts of Christian terrorism in Northeast India, or political assassinations carried out by Christian extremists in Romania, or the murders and lynching of black Americans carried out in the name of Christianity by the Ku Klux Klan, etc, etc, etc..
        Yeah their has been acts of terrorism carried out by Christian groups as well, but they are a vast small minority, and how often do we hear of this???? by the way im a roman catholic, and im sure many of that stuff you listed were carried out by protestant or Baptist Christians as youse would call them.

My point was you cant try and tarnish all religions with the same brush as Islam. in my opinion islam is a dangerous and evil religion that needs to be stopped, its causing chaos all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
          Yeah their has been acts of terrorism carried out by Christian groups as well, but they are a vast small minority, and how often do we hear of this???? by the way im a roman catholic, and im sure many of that stuff you listed were carried out by protestant or Baptist Christians as youse would call them.

My point was you cant try and tarnish all religions with the same brush as Islam. in my opinion islam is a dangerous and evil religion that needs to be stopped, its causing chaos all over the world.
          I'm not trying to pain all religions with the same brush, honestly. I make no apologies for holding Islam in the lowest regard of all religions because it's given me absolutely every reason needed to justify its ranking.

I'm just pointing out that extreme Christians are indeed capable of committing mass atrocity all their own and that, if it came down to some sort of holy war between Christians and Muslims, we'd all be ****ed. Which is what I think Tase was getting at with his post in the first place - That religious warfare, when taken to extremes, could very well be the end of our species.

Comment

I'm not trying to pain all religions with the same brush, honestly. I make no apologies for holding Islam in the lowest regard of all religions because it's given me absolutely every reason needed to justify its ranking.

I'm just pointing out that extreme Christians are indeed capable of committing mass atrocity all their own and that, if it came down to some sort of holy war between Christians and Muslims, we'd all be ****ed. Which is what I think Tase was getting at with his post in the first place - That religious warfare, when taken to extremes, could very well be the end of our species.
            Fair play lad I hear what your saying, now lets have a beer

Comment

This healthy discussion is why I still come here. Thanks Bringer mah homie for doing your best to keep healthy discussion prevalent when sensitive topics such as this occur. And a huge thanks to the posters for doing the same on y'all's part.

Comment

and we're the infidels?

Comment

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting
                  Politically motivated.

suicide attack on the IRS building in Austin, Texas
                  He was pissed off at the IRS. lol

or the Oklahoma City bombing
                  He was a NWO conspiracy theorist type, not driven by Christianity.

or Christians in the Central African Republic targeting muslims for murder under the Djotodia administration
                  I'm sure that's in retaliation to Muslim aggression.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
                    Politically motivated.

He was pissed off at the IRS. lol

He was a NWO conspiracy theorist type, not driven by Christianity.

I'm sure that's in retaliation to Muslim aggression.
                    You can deflect blame all you want (funny that you only pick 4 options of the dozen or more examples I provided), but all of these acts of terror were perpetrated by individuals who identified themselves as Christians.

Which was entirely my point. That Christian terrorists exist.

Comment

You can deflect blame all you want
                      I am deflecting nothing. I am not soft on Christianity, but when I see bull****, I will call it out.

(funny that you only pick 4 options of the dozen or more examples I provided)
                      Because I agreed those other examples you mentioned were Christian extremism.

I was simply pointing out the ones that are not examples of Christian extremism.

but all of these acts of terror were perpetrated by individuals who identified themselves as Christians.

Which was entirely my point. That Christian terrorists exist.
                      No Bringer, you're not understanding it. Just because someone of a certain religious background commits an act of violence, it doesn't automatically make them an *insert religion* extremist. It's irrelevant what they identified as, all that matters is their motive. The examples I responded to were not people who were motivated by Christian beliefs (well, maybe the example in CAR, but like I said, that's almost certainly in response to Muslim aggression). That's just a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X