Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will and should Cotto stay at 154 or try back at 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will and should Cotto stay at 154 or try back at 147?

Spinks vs Molina was a #1 contenders bout for Bundrage/Smith so if he stays maybe Bundrage/Smith hopefully fights Molina in may/June and Cotto could fight them to get those guys more exposure. Yeah he just had back to back title fights but Cottos still and OG and puts up a good fight. Kirkland and Alvarez are still viable options. Even a trout rematch if he loses to Alavrez. Maybe a tuneup against Deandrade or Rosado. Needs some confidence after back to back losses.

My favorite option if he would do it is go back to 147. Thats where he would most likely become champion and stay relevant. Pac isnt what he was so a rematch between them would be sick. Like a recent thread suggested by Phantom, I think a tune up against Maidana, Berto or Ortiz would be sick! Then he could fight for a belt. He'd smash Paulie and make Devon quit. A Bradley fight would be sick to earn another shot at Floyd or Manny. Bradley would remind me of Clottey-Cotto I think it would be sick because Cotto would need to really get his punch numbers up because like Clottey Bradleys hard to hit and never stops working on the inside and solid boxer too.

If he wouldn't go back to 147 for Pac, he's never going back.

I still think Canelo is his priority.

Comment

His primed and ready to kill weight is 147. He's too rich now. He wants to eat good in between fights.

Comment

unable to safely make 147 imo

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Cotto just stated that his return will be during the fall. That will give him a solid 6 months to drop to 147 safely.

There are some good fights to be had at 147, but not sure on the weight issue. He would be ripped and "should" be faster, mobile and hit harder.

Comment

147 isnt a option for Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              More like he doesn't have to so he won't.

Comment

according to his fans he was "drained" at 151 so hows he going to make 147?

Comment

Cotto was more impressive at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by AnKhang View Post
                    Cotto was more impressive at 147.
                    Yeah, that debatable decision over Clottey, that was back in Cotto's prime, at 147

Comment

Working...
                    X