Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ward deserve a bottom top ten P4P spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
    I would put Dawson in the P4P list before Ward.
    I agree. I'd be inclined to put Adamek in there before Ward as well. Ward fought very well tonight, but this is his first real test. I think he's got a bright future ahead of him though...especially with the way he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
      I'd be tempted to put him in with that performance. I mean, no disrespect to Abraham but Taylor was at the end of the road before he beat him. Other guys I have in the bottom half are Bradley and Dawson. They have solid resumes, but they are still making their bones.
      Too early to say. Lets see how he handles himself vs Froch first. Just because i want to see him test his endurance after he tests his KO power vs Taylor

Comment

I'm kind of against putting Cruiserweights in the top P4P ten because then if you do they may go on to get knocked out by a mediocre Heavyweight. Same reason why I personally never ranked Haye as top ten P4P.

Comment

Not yet because he really hasn't beat anyone prior. But I'll say this, if he wins the tournament which I think he will no question he's p4p material.

And a side note funny how the toughest fight for him will probably be dirrell. Froch & abraham would get Kessler'd easy.

Comment

Dawson has disappointed me somewhat. His defense did not improve and he lacks the killer instinct. He had an opportunity vs Johnson to made up the non spectacular performance and he failed it. He got hit way too much too. Calzaghe actually made a mistake by not fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kobe Bryant View Post
              Stop with what? I thought it was a great performance. He did everything he wanted to do, all the while completely stopping Kessler from doing anything of note. He damn near pitched a shut out.

If you disagree then fine no ill feelings.
              I ain't got a problem with your opinion mate but an awful lot of people on here are saying Kessler was 'Hype' and saying stuff like, 'I told you Kessler was overrated'.

So in hindsight, Kessler was overrated from the start so this wasn't a great win for Ward? If so, how does this win or performance make it a P4P performance or make Ward P4P in fact.

People on here think they can have **** both ways on but they can't. Sorry.
              Last edited by Chunk..; 11-22-2009, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Allucard View Post
                Dawson has disappointed me somewhat. His defense did not improve and he lacks the killer instinct. He had an opportunity vs Johnson to made up the non spectacular performance and he failed it. He got hit way too much too. Calzaghe actually made a mistake by not fighting him.
                Why? Because he would've beaten him? I agree.

Comment

No he needs more fights. I have Williams, Dawson and Abraham in the bottom tier, and Ward isnt close to bumping any of those fighters out.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
                    No he needs more fights. I have Williams, Dawson and Abraham in the bottom tier, and Ward isnt close to bumping any of those fighters out.
                    The only thing that Abraham has done is beat Taylor. I'd have him in the top twenty right now. But top ten? Can't do it yet.

Comment

wasn't calzaghe number 3 largely based on his kessler win? strange it's almost like he was overhyped..................

Comment

Working...
                      X