Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

..BERTO/COLLAZO: The Reasons & Reason...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
    Losing to a top 5 in your weight class, especially one as talented as this division, doesn't mean you're a bad fighter. Or that you've been exposed.

By the way, he's been stunned by shots and went down against a lighter puncher who caught him when he got careless and didn't see the punch. He's got a decent chin. And when he gets into a rhythm, his defense is A LOT better. Collazo just made sure that didn't happen. Good for Collazo, that isn't a knock against Berto. Berto should be matched tough.

This is one thing that makes me feel bad for promoters. When they puff up a young chargers resume, they get blasted. So then they match them up evenly, and it's a tough, hard-contested fight and their fighter gets 'exposed' all of a sudden.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    Very true, IF I was in Bertos camp I would take this fight very serious because those flaws wont cut it against the top Welters who have more strength to put bero down.

Berto also does have a decent chin from what ive seen

Comment

Originally posted by cruzan mario View Post
      I dont think he was showboating,Berto cought him with a body shot that hurt him,so he kept his hands down because of that and tried to make it look otherwise,that said,his corner saw he was losing momentum,they called him on it and he got right back to handing Berto the buisness!!
      Yea I didnt see that i should check it out. I thought he did that because he was maybe arm weary or winded and needed to rest a round or 2. I do have to give it up too collazo for being a tough fighter. He took some serious shots by Berto but still kept the pace of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
        Yea I didnt see that i should check it out. I thought he did that because he was maybe arm weary or winded and needed to rest a round or 2. I do have to give it up too collazo for being a tough fighter. He took some serious shots by Berto but still kept the pace of the fight
        Check it out he got caught with a body shot and put the hands down immediately u could see it hurt,but he did a great job of hiding it!!He performed well and deserved better than he got!!

Comment

Check it out he got caught with a body shot and put the hands down immediately u could see it hurt,but he did a great job of hiding it!!He performed well and deserved better than he got!!
          Both fighters went out like champions. If every division had a fight like this, with this level of attention or better, the world would be a better place.

Comment

Originally posted by ..Calderon... View Post
            Both fighters went out like champions. If every division had a fight like this, with this level of attention or better, the world would be a better place.
            I think that every division has its capable talent except the heavyweights , hopefuly aggressive prospects like Arreola can bring the HW division out of its funk

Comment

Originally posted by 5punchcombo View Post
              I think that every division has its capable talent except the heavyweights , hopefuly aggressive prospects like Arreola can bring the HW division out of its funk

If Solis, Arreola and Haye can actually make some things happen, the division would benefit. They might actually matter.

Comment

African American Heavyweights are gone, Lacy and Taylor have long been exposed, Hopkins is on the edge of retirement, and one would be lucky to squeeze out one or two more fights from the still retired Mayweather... America can't have a first black President without a black fighter fighting for boxing supremacy. So when HBO showed a Berto documentary before the fight, that should have been a hint that Collazo's only way of winning the fight is by stoppage.

Comment

good post it was close by i had it for my man collazo ..coulda went either wat in my eyes had it not been 4 the point deduction but 116 -11 is halarious

Comment

Originally posted by badboypeenoy View Post
                    African American Heavyweights are gone, Lacy and Taylor have long been exposed, Hopkins is on the edge of retirement, and one would be lucky to squeeze out one or two more fights from the still retired Mayweather... America can't have a first black President without a black fighter fighting for boxing supremacy. So when HBO showed a Berto documentary before the fight, that should have been a hint that Collazo's only way of winning the fight is by stoppage.
                    What the **** are you even talking about? Seriously?

Comment

I dont think he was showboating,Berto cought him with a body shot that hurt him,so he kept his hands down because of that and tried to make it look otherwise,that said,his corner saw he was losing momentum,they called him on it and he got right back to handing Berto the buisness!!
                      ^^^This.

You could catch that detail by watching the fight closely. I see posters posting Collazo was showboating, Collazo wasn't showboating. He got caught by one of Berto's punches downstairs and dropped his hands to confuse Berto and maybe detract attention to the meaningful punch that had just landed.

Comment

Working...
                      X