Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Anthony Joshua vs. Joseph Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parker's resume just got a big tick - with a quality win that Joshua hasn't come near yet.

Joshua has a title and is the definite flavour of the month right now, huge support.

There will be heaps of discussion by the time these two fight - bring it on.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
      Parker's resume just got a big tick - with a quality win that Joshua hasn't come near yet.

Joshua has a title and is the definite flavour of the month right now, huge support.

There will be heaps of discussion by the time these two fight - bring it on.
      only new zealanders belive parker can win

the rest of the world know bettter

Joshua by utter anhialation

Comment

Parkers defence is terrible and that spells disaster for him. Takam was landing big shots with alarming regularity. AJ is gonna detonate a bomb on that chin and end the fight early imo.

Comment

Joshua but the real HW champion of the world schools both of them.

Comment

I'm a Parker fan, but realistically he doesn't beat Joshua if they fight right now. Too defensively flawed, too sloppy in too many areas. Ironic, since he has the best win on both men's resume, so is technically the more proven fighter, but the things which Takam exposed would get mercilessly exploited by Joshua. It probably wouldn't be an early blowout; I think Joshua would have enough respect for Parker's speed and power not to just walk him down like a bum. But I do see Parker getting repeatedly timed and countered and eventually going down from the damage. Parker and his team need to take the Takam fight as a massive wakeup call and go to work on holing up his weak points immediately. They can start by eliminating that amateurish flaw of pulling straight back with his chin in the air. I can't believe that hasn't been fixed yet. Then test him out against solid journeyman type guys like Duhaupas or fringe top tenners like Jennings. Parker's learning curve is all fcuked up at the moment.

Comment

Seems like everyone is favoring Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                Right now gotta go with Joshua - Bigger, taller man with better timing. Throws the straighter shots. Probably hits harder too.

Parker has a beard, fast hands & some good pop himself though so you can't rule his chances out. Its not as if AJ isn't there to be hit himself and for me there are question marks on his chin.
                We've seen him hit twice and both times he didn't react too well.
                Which was the second time?

Comment

Haven't voted because it depends on when the fight takes place. Can see why Joshua is favoured but the poll results along with the posts in this thread makes you think Joshua is facing a Manchester United hooligan who just started boxing a year ago.

Think Parker and can still improve a lot, fan of both fighters hope both do well.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Right now gotta go with Joshua - Bigger, taller man with better timing. Throws the straighter shots. Probably hits harder too.

Parker has a beard, fast hands & some good pop himself though so you can't rule his chances out. Its not as if AJ isn't there to be hit himself and for me there are question marks on his chin.
                    We've seen him hit twice and both times he didn't react too well.
                    I don't get this "aj has a dodgy chin"

I seen him fight a lot in the amateurs, he went to war with Cammarale twice and took a lot of big shots, Cammarele knocked David Price out tice in the amateurs btw. and that shot he took off whyte was a big punch from a puncher, he shouldn't have been caught with it.

Lennox got banjo'd by McCall and Rahman off silly shots, does that mean he's got a glass chin?

A glass chin would not have survived that Whyte punch, i.e had that been David Price he'd have been down for the 10 count off that.

It was a defensive bit of stupidity to let that punch in when it didn't need to and it was because joshua was getting wild and being stupid, immediatley in his next fight against martin he had tightened up a lot and was much more disciplined, and he'd be the same way against Parker.

Parker is a lot smaller, has a lot less reach and doesn't hit even as hard as whyte let alone joshua.

Comment

it could go either way. if the odds reflect the current opinion of NSB, i'll certainly put some money on parker. if whyte can trouble joshua, parker can take him out

Comment

Working...
                      X