Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Promoter: We're Heading To UK To Expose Joshua Myth!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJ puts this guy in a coma!

Comment

The author of this article clearly got way to hyped up about Parkers performance.
      Takam is a very raw fighter, if Parker is really that good, he should have done better against Takam. Parker can punch, but that's it. The delivery is not there. If he fights AJ, he will need a miracle.

Comment

Before all the hype, you do realize Joshua needs to bypass Dominic Breazeale.. then we can start to talk #JoshuaParker

But if the two do step in the ring, Joshua will knock Parker out, mark my word on that!

Comment

I like both fighters. Honest fan of both.

Who's Joshua beat that has people so sure that he'll knock JP out so easily? Sure on the eye test AJ is as good as they come, but JP looked just as good prior to the Takam fight. Not only that, Takam is leagues above AJ's best win in a sloppy, fat Whyte. Who is also at this point, a green fighter who has faced almost no one of note.

AJ's power looks more devastating, but we also saw that he can be hurt. We haven't seen that with JP.

If they fight right now I think AJ takes it, purely by that little extra bit of experience and a size and strength advantage. But I DO NOT think he takes it with ease. I'd love to see Takam vs Joshua honestly. Just to see AJ vs the same level of guy as JP did. Then i'll be happy to admit a gulf between the two if so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quiksilva View Post
            Before all the hype, you do realize Joshua needs to bypass Dominic Breazeale.. then we can start to talk #JoshuaParker

But if the two do step in the ring, Joshua will knock Parker out, mark my word on that!
            Contract Negotiations for Joshua v Parker are not due to be enforced until November.

This fight won't happen this year, it's not currently relevant tbh

Comment

Yeah good luck with that ha

I like Parker but aj will hurt him BADLY

Comment

Its more like the Parker myth got exposed unfortunately. I had high hopes he was going to be a good new comer to the HW scene. But after yesterdays display against Takam, it seems like lots of work needs to be done before he goes anywhere near Joshua. If they do go for Josh, Parker will most likely be stopped and badly.

Yes hes only 24 so hes got lots of time to learn. I would suggest doing that and forgetting about the likes of Joshua just yet. More fringe level opponents like Takam should see him in good stead for a year or two yet.

But my conclusions from watching him are that he's no world beater I'm afraid.

Comment

This is weird.

Parker is now the guy with by far the best victory on either man's record, yet it's Joshua's who's being touted as the (rightful) favourite. Parker's at the point where he just took a massive step up and gained a shed ton of experience, but he also exposed a lot of flaws which would be lethal going into a fight with Joshua. Parker needs to keep taking these hard fights to iron out those flaws in his game and improve his experience level. Rushing into a fight with Joshua right now would be suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    Yeah I do.

I used to think parker had the speed to be the goods but I didn't factor he's Samoan so at 24 he's already past prime and slowing down badly.

His prime was 20-21 years old. Its too late now, nobody that small is beating the super heavyweights like Joshua Ortiz fury etc
                    Well Joshua's Nigerian so he's probably already 40 by now.

Comment

You're rushing Parker when he isn't ready for this one he has many things to improve on.

Comment

Working...
                      X