No announcement yet.

Lets just imagine for one second.......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
    OP isn't as bad as others. Just when it comes to GGG these dudes have no idea what they want. Everybody is ducking him and those that call him out are not worthy.

He weighed only 160 tonight. If he goes to MW it will only be for GGG or Canelo. Maybe Jacobs.
    He can if he likes, but hes in so position to make demands. The last time GGG was dragging up 154lbers, they were paid nowhere near as much as Lara would be expecting. Its not as if Lara is making huge waves at 154 to generate demand. The only demand i'm seeing is on here, with the usual anti-Golovkin suspects. Shocker

Golovkin seems fairly consistent in his opponent choices - if youre at middleweight you're on the radar. I'd share a similar frustration if Lara was a name at 160, but he isn't. Until then, he'd just be another 154lber dragged up. All this talk of 'he'd be Golovkin's best win doe' is pretty stupid. The weight context seems to have gone over some people's heads. We really have no perspective on how the middleweights compare - we saw Cotto vs a drained Geale, but thats all. Name doesn't mean quality, and 154 has more names...people have blurred the distinction far too much. Lara vs Murray? How would you even gauge that properly?

Comment

And I want to **** Jennifer Lopez but since that's not happening I gotta take the best available piece of ass that's willing to get it in.
      Step your game up son

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        He can if he likes, but hes in so position to make demands. The last time GGG was dragging up 154lbers, they were paid nowhere near as much as Lara would be expecting. Its not as if Lara is making huge waves at 154 to generate demand. The only demand i'm seeing is on here, with the usual anti-Golovkin suspects. Shocker

Golovkin seems fairly consistent in his opponent choices - if youre at middleweight you're on the radar. I'd share a similar frustration if Lara was a name at 160, but he isn't. Until then, he'd just be another 154lber dragged up. All this talk of 'he'd be Golovkin's best win doe' is pretty stupid. The weight context seems to have gone over some people's heads. We really have no perspective on how the middleweights compare - we saw Cotto vs a drained Geale, but thats all. Name doesn't mean quality, and 154 has more names...people have blurred the distinction far too much. Lara vs Murray? How would you even gauge that properly?
        It's a matter of what else is available.

Jacobs is booked
        Saunders vs Eubank will happen before they sacrifice themselves to GGG.
        Canelo is a female

So what's next? Unless Canelo shocks us all we are headed for another prospect .

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
          Wants the fight? So instead of testing the waters at 160,he rematches vanes at 154...you call that wanting the fight? Right now golovkin either has to unify with saunders,or defend against Jacobs,so lara plays no part in that equation. If lara moves up and beats someone like Rosado,stevens,or Monroe jr,he can show that he's actually serious about 160,and the fight can get made.
          Totally disagree, he doesn't have to move up to 160 early to show he wants to fight. This is the same guy that WANTED Canelo and before Canelo he was also calling out Sergio Martinez when he was the Middleweight Champion so I'm not buying this AT ALL. I think he does want to fight but GGG fans seems to want to just bypass the fight all together because in their mind it is already a win for GGG

Comment

Jacobs is booked
            Canelo is a female

So what's next? Unless Canelo shocks us all we are headed for another prospect .
            Because GGG is fighting so often, he winds up fighting unproven guys because the division isn't producing proven talent fast enough. If Jacobs and Saunders would face him, the problem wouldn't be as noticeable. Eubank is marginally better than Wade imo. He has more hype behind him, but he'd probably get folded just the same.
            Last edited by kiaba360; 05-22-2016, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Jacobs is booked
              Canelo is a female

If he goes on to fight a no-name prospect, then you have the right to complain. Lara would be a better fight even if a win over Lara at 160 isn't great. But he hasn't signed even signed a fight yet. The Jacobs, and Saunders/Eubanks fights aren't set in stone yet. Fights with Lee, N'Dam and Khurtsidze(?) would be fair fights aswell, all solid top 10 opponents. I dunno if Quillin is an option. Failing all of these though, then yes go for Lara.

The Monroe fight was a sham, definitely. Wade is acceptable because it was a mandatory fight, Golovkin shouldn't have to lose a recognised belt in his quest to unify because of the IBF's bad decision - blame them entirely. He fights 3 times a year usually, a stay busy fight is fair enough if its a mandatory. Other than that though, his other recent opponents have been pretty fair. I think a lot of people have jumped the gun here out of some dogmatic bias against Golovkin..

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Totally disagree, he doesn't have to move up to 160 early to show he wants to fight. This is the same guy that WANTED Canelo and before Canelo he was also calling out Sergio Martinez when he was the Middleweight Champion so I'm not buying this AT ALL. I think he does want to fight but GGG fans seems to want to just bypass the fight all together because in their mind it is already a win for GGG
                No, because a win over Lara at 160 isn't nearly as great as you're making it out to be. He has a name, at 154. Its not as if he's dominated the division and is calling out the next tier. Just because he has a name at 154 does not make it a good win at 160. Like I said earlier, we have little to prove the perspective that middleweight is totally dire. The only relevant fight for us is Cotto vs drained Geale, and we can't take much from that. There isn't necessarily a gulf of class between 154 and 160.. only personal perspectives which seemed to be formed on whether you hate Golovkin or not. I'd like to see the fight just out of intrigue, but Golovkin should have his sights on his own division first

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Because GGG is fighting so often, he winds up fighting unproven guys because the division isn't producing proven talent fast enough. If Jacobs and Saunders would face him, the problem wouldn't be as noticeable. Eubank is marginally better than Wade imo. He has more hype behind him, but he'd probably get folded just the same.
                  Eubank jr marginally better than Wade?. He's an ELITE up and coming second generation fighter. He would annihilate Wade within Three rounds, they're different caliber.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
                    Eubank jr marginally better than Wade?. He's an ELITE up and coming second generation fighter. He would annihilate Wade within Three rounds, they're different caliber.
                    Eubank has a better resume than Wade, but it's not enough to make a difference against GGG. It won't matter that he's a Jr. when GGG is beating him from one corner of the ring to the other. He hasn't earned the title of "elite" yet, but he's being brought along well. After his next bout, they should try and make Eubank vs. Jacobs/Saunders. If he can beat one of them, then the next step is to make the GGG match-up.
                    Last edited by kiaba360; 05-22-2016, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      Eubank has a better resume than Wade, but it's not enough to make a difference against GGG. It won't matter that he's a Jr. when GGG is beating him from one corner of the ring to the other. He hasn't earned the title of "elite" yet, but he's being brought along well. After his next bout, they should try and make Eubank vs. Jacobs/Saunders. If he can beat one of them, then the next step is to make the GGG match-up.
                      On paper GGG may have beaten champions in Geale and Lemieux but Jr would in reality be a live dog vs Golovkin.

The problem with GGG is that he hasn't fought any live dogs apart from Curtis Stevens. He at least came in swinging & went out swinging. The opponents GGG fights feel his power, start pulling punches and shell up.

Eubank is most definitely an elite up and comer. He's not a fully fledged elite pro. Both Saunders and Eubank are special Boxers to be fair, I feel Eubank needs a world title before heading into a rematch with Saunders.

Comment

Working...
                      X