No announcement yet.

rigondeaux vs poonsawat..whom you got?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
    i feel like poonsawat's style should be tailor made for a hard and fast counter puncher like rigo..but if poonsawat can take guillermo's punches and get on the inside and do his work then I can see rigo having alot of trouble. also poonsawat can punch and I hope we get to see him really test rigo's chin. this is definitely rigo's best opponent yet better than cordoba and ramos...i think rigo can win this by decision or late TKO..but i wouldn't mind seeing poonsawat pull off the upset considering donaire vs poonsawat will be another good match-up.
    Good comment coming for a donaire fan. I saw desperate threads from donaire fans saying that poon is not good and crazy stuff..I m scared to see the outcoming of this fight!!..lol...poonsawat, donaire and rigo are great fighters..let's now separate then in level..after they fight of course..no more imagination..

Comment

poon can crack and can take a punch as well which could turn rigo to be very tentative again. rigo has the skills and speed advantages here but he doesn't like to get hit. it changes his attitude towards the fight when he feels his opponents power. that's rigo's glaring weakness that poon could capitalize if he can survive the early rounds and take the fight deeper. poon can win this by late round ko. my prediction though is a close and boring decision win for rigo which could jeopardize his chances of fighting donaire next.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
        poon can crack and can take a punch as well which could turn rigo to be very tentative again. rigo has the skills and speed advantages here but he doesn't like to get hit. it changes his attitude towards the fight when he feels his opponents power. that's rigo's glaring weakness that poon could capitalize if he can survive the early rounds and take the fight deeper. poon can win this by late round ko. my prediction though is a close and boring decision win for rigo which could jeopardize his chances of fighting donaire next.
        Why do you think that it's gonna be boring?...why exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
          What's good here is you should have someone who forces excitement out of Rigo. He'll make him work.

Comment

well you should try to comprehend what you're reading so you won't get confused. like i said he gets too tentative when he gets hit and he begins to throw less punches while moving away from his opponent. did you watch his fight with cordoba? that's exactly what i'm talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              What's good here is you should have someone who forces excitement out of Rigo. He'll make him work.
              Yes..and even if rigo don't knock him or have a hundred punches for round it will be exiting..ppl have to understand rigo is not a brawler...he is more like I gonna hit you and you won't touch me..that's what is boxing about..not two defenceless brawlers hiting eachother till one get koed...anyway I understand there is diferent tastes but boxing is to box..come on..

Comment

rigo looks good when he can impose his will on his opponents. he got good speed and power that could intimidate his opponent. but if anyone would stand up to him and take the risk, rigo gets rattled a little bit and gets very defensive.

Comment

well you should try to comprehend what you're reading so you won't get confused. like i said he gets too tentative when he gets hit and he begins to throw less punches while moving away from his opponent. did you watch his fight with cordoba? that's exactly what i'm talking about.
                  I see what you said...I don't want to see that either...but that was his 7 pro fight against a visibly bigger opponent who was a good fighter...he did better than 33 pro who alredy lost to him..anyway..poonsawat also win his cordoba fight..tis fight is gonna be awesome..

Comment

I see what you said...I don't want to see that either...but that was his 7 pro fight against a visibly bigger opponent who was a good fighter...he did better than 33 pro who alredy lost to him..anyway..poonsawat also win his cordoba fight..tis fight is gonna be awesome..
                    rigo needs to impress. if he produces another cordoba (fight)-type performance against poon, he can kiss the donaire fight goodbye.

Comment

rigo needs to impress. if he produces another cordoba (fight)-type performance against poon, he can kiss the donaire fight goodbye.
                      I can't see why?..this is gonna be the 3 top 10 he fight @ 122..more than mathebula, vazquez jr had..that dude poon is very good just win the fight it's gonna be hard..I can't see what you said..

Comment

Working...
                      X