Official: Andy Lee vs Billy Joe Saunders RBR Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saunders wins by UD unless Lee manages to land that killer right hook

Comment

Both really nice lads, and I'm looking forward to a good fight. I would edge towards Saunders on points, as I think he is a much better boxer.

Comment

Comment

Lee with a late KO, rd 9 onwards as BJS starts to tire and his movement suffers. Until then I think it's a competitive fight with maybe a rd or two in it.

Liam Williams is fighting on the undercard and will be the first man to stop Kris Carslaw. Then he'll go on to beat Liam Smith and take that world title unless Smith runs into decent opposition beforehand.

Comment

It appears that Lee will carry 20 lbs + over Saunders fight night. Andy Lee is the slight favorite @ a - 5.5 margin on the dollar.

Comment

I'm excited for this fight - it's gonna be a strange one.

Lee is tall and skinny. But I didn't realize how naturally big Saunders is. He's also tallish for a MW, apparently he generally struggles to make 160. His last, stay busy, fight he came into 173. If he actually came into that fight weighing up to 180, getting down to 160 is gonna be rough.

I don't see this fight going the distance - TKO by 8th round.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                I'm excited for this fight - it's gonna be a strange one.

Lee is tall and skinny. But I didn't realize how naturally big Saunders is. He's also tallish for a MW, apparently he generally struggles to make 160. His last, stay busy, fight he came into 173. If he actually came into that fight weighing up to 180, getting down to 160 is gonna be rough.

I don't see this fight going the distance - TKO by 8th round.
                That's quite interesting because one of the biggest 'problems' early in BJS' career was what weight to fight at. Was a welterweight as an amateur and didn't look big enough for MW at one point but if he's struggling to make 160 I have no qualms seeing him at 168 with the rest of the Brits.

Comment

I got Billy Joe by UD!

Last edited by BOXEO _; 12-16-2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Comment

WAR ANDY LEE!!!! Respect to a real man! A man with bigger balls than Canelo! Let's go LEE!

Comment

Working...
                      X