Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse should welcome Adrien Broner to the Junior Welterweight division.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broner needs to fight at 135 first. Matthysse will still be there a year or two from now.

I want to see Broner vs. DeMarco and Garcia vs. Matthysse.

Comment

yes please..i'd love to see Broner try to deal with Lucas

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        Broner needs to fight at 135 first. Matthysse will still be there a year or two from now.

I want to see Broner vs. DeMarco and Garcia vs. Matthysse.
        I would much rather see Mathysse shut Rios up after Rios beats Alvarado.

I like Garcia; I don't want to see him get beat down against Mathysse.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          yes please..i'd love to see Broner try to deal with Lucas
          he wouldn't be able to deal with lucas...........he'd get hurt. but if he somehow can remain as effective at 140 (keep most of his strengths) I would say it could be a totally different story...........zab judah out boxed lucas quite clearly (many ignore this) it's just that he took those knock downs & thats what made the fight as close as it was.

lucas can be outboxed without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I love how you think its automatic Rios beats Alvarado, haha. That's a 50-50 fight.

Anyways, it won't happen. TR and GBP won't do it. The Alvarado-Rios winner will fight Marquez next year for his title.

Matthysse has wins over Soto and Olusegun, and should arguably have wins over Judah and Alexander. Garcia has wins over Holt, Morales, and Khan. Those two need to fight, it will crown the real top 140 lb fighter after Bradley left.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

Only way that happens is if an Alphabet agency makes it a mandatory and it goes up for purse bid. Other than that the TR/GBP thing will prevent it.

Comment

When will people realise that Broner is not skipping 135, he's going to try to replicate Floyd's divisional titles, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I love how you think its automatic Rios beats Alvarado, haha. That's a 50-50 fight.

Anyways, it won't happen. TR and GBP won't do it. The Alvarado-Rios winner will fight Marquez next year for his title.

Matthysse has wins over Soto and Olusegun, and should arguably have wins over Judah and Alexander. Garcia has wins over Holt, Morales, and Khan. Those two need to fight, it will crown the real top 140 lb fighter after Bradley left.
                  GB-TR have made several fights lately. The only one they couldn't make was Mayweather-Pac. Don't be fooled by their supposed inability to work with each other. That's just not true. They've worked together plenty of times in the past.

Regarding Rios-Alvarado, I'm just not impressed with Alvarado. Maybe I'm missing something. But after I saw him go life and death with Prescott, I saw something in his game that I'm pretty sure Rios will exploit.

Regarding Mathysse-Rios, I don't want to see it for 140lb supremacy. I want to see it for the fireworks (two guys with juggernot styles) and to shut Rios up. Mathysse could then fight Garcia after.

Really at the end of the day, no one at 140 is beating Mathysse so it doesn't really matter what order they go in.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    he wouldn't be able to deal with lucas...........he'd get hurt. but if he somehow can remain as effective at 140 (keep most of his strengths) I would say it could be a totally different story...........zab judah out boxed lucas quite clearly (many ignore this) it's just that he took those knock downs & thats what made the fight as close as it was.

lucas can be outboxed without a doubt.

even if he maintains his strengths, i'd still like to see how he can handle the power and pressure if a legit 140 fighter

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                      When will people realise that Broner is not skipping 135, he's going to try to replicate Floyd's divisional titles, obviously.
                      He'll fight a close fight with DeMarco just so he can beat him decisively in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X