No announcement yet.

REEM strikes again..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .Mik. View Post
    What a shame that you went and ruined a good series of posts there. Completely agree with you about Overeem and his boiling down. But Fedor DIDNT go life and death with Rogers. He knocked him out EARLY into the second round after suffering a broken nose on the first exchange and then regaining control of the first round by the end of the round.
    He lost the 1st round , he got his nose broken, he got hit with some brutal ground and pound in the 1st round and his punch was a TIMED but lucky at the same time. I don't take anything away from his win but you remember the Rogers hype? Most people were saying he would Knock Overeem out then get his rematch with Fedor (with the belt on the line).

Rogers landed 1 punch on Overeem in the entire fight. (Compubox official stats)

Comment

OT: People need to realize he went from 230 to 250 not from 205 to 250.

He was 242 Friday night in his K1 fight with Edwards. He will be around 240 in K1 and 250 in MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
        He lost the 1st round , he got his nose broken, he got hit with some brutal ground and pound in the 1st round and his punch was a TIMED but lucky at the same time. I don't take anything away from his win but you remember the Rogers hype? Most people were saying he would Knock Overeem out then get his rematch with Fedor (with the belt on the line).

I've probably watched the fight about 20 times and there was nothing lucky about Fedor's KO punch. Fedor got his nose busted up with the first jab. The ground and pound wasn't nearly as brutal as you suggest, sure a few punches got in but it was nothing severe. While he may have lost the first, Rogers was huffing and puffing by the second, and was right where Fedor needed him to be. The KO was probably merely a matter of time, and Fedor timed him perfectly with the counter right.

Comment

Rogers was a HUGE betting underdog against Overeem. Very few people fancied him to win. Dont try and change history to try and make your argument stronger.

Comment

watched the 2nd knockdown about 10 times, wtf was edwards left hand doing :P

Comment

styles make fights

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
                styles make fights
                Overeems style seems to be too much for his MMA opponents..

Comment

Overeem loses as soon as he faces a top mma fighter.

Mark my words.
                  Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
                  It looked like Edwards punched himself out early on. He had a lot of heart, but Reem is just a beast.

Perfect right hand counter.
                  that's what I thought, too.

Comment

Overeems style seems to be too much for his MMA opponents..
                    except he only fought cans/washed up fighters and the overhyped brett rogers. in his HW run...

his record against top20 opponents in MMA is 3-8. lol so you might want to rewrite what you said because today it looks like you're fantasying things..
                    Last edited by PopoFreitas; 10-06-2010, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
                      except he only fought cans/washed up fighters and the overhyped brett rogers. in his HW run...

his record against top20 opponents in MMA is 3-8. lol so you might want to rewrite what you said because today it looks like you're fantasying things..
                      Overeem has the potential to beat anyone. He does need to prove he can pass the big tests though still.

Comment

Working...
                      X