No announcement yet.

joe calzaghe's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
    Hopkins took Pavliks Zero a couple months later, so how was Hopkins past it??

Calzaghe is better than both Roy and Bhop and wouldve always been a couple years younger, andwouldve always beaten them.
    Hopkins was still past it. Pavlik just isn't that good as we saw with his fight against Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
      Hopkins was still past it. Pavlik just isn't that good as we saw with his fight against Martinez.
      Pavlik was tailor made for those guys. Hopkins did look good beating him, which improved Calzaghe's win

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
        Pavlik was tailor made for those guys. Hopkins did look good beating him, which improved Calzaghe's win
        Maybe so. But to me, like I said after watching Pavlik get battered by a smaller guy takes shine off Calzaghe's win over Hopkins coupled with some other things which include Hopkins' sorry performance against Roy Jones (Even I'll admit Calzaghe beat Jones the way he was supposed to unlike Hops did) and simply put, Hopkins' age. It may sound biased I know. But it is what it is.

If you want me to give credit to Calzaghe for barely squeaking past a fossil head version of Hopkins I just don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Maybe so. But to me, like I said after watching Pavlik get battered by a smaller guy takes shine off Calzaghe's win over Hopkins coupled with some other things
          That's not fair, he looked good against Pavlik which shows he still had something left in the tank. Pavlik style is tailor made for slick fighters with solid footwork and counter punchers
          which include Hopkins' sorry performance against Roy Jones (Even I'll admit Calzaghe beat Jones the way he was supposed to unlike Hops did) and simply put, Hopkins' age. It may sound biased I know. But it is what it is.
          It's almost like their are two different Hopkins, the one that fought Pavlik and the one who fought Jones/Calzaghe
          If you want me to give credit to Calzaghe for barely squeaking past a fossil head version of Hopkins I just don't know what to tell you.
          If Hopkins wasn't allowed to:
          Headbutt
          lead with his head
          Clinch excessively
          Hit and hold

Then I'm sure Calzaghe would of done more than just "squeak" a decision past him

Comment

Originally posted by -IronMike- View Post
            That's not fair, he looked good against Pavlik which shows he still had something left in the tank. Pavlik style is tailor made for slick fighters with solid footwork and counter punchers

It's almost like their are two different Hopkins the one that Pavlik and the one who fought Jones/Calzaghe

If Hopkins wasn't allowed to:
            Headbutt
            lead with his head
            Clinch excessively
            Hit and hold

Then I'm sure Calzaghe would of done more than just "squeak" a decision past him
            So all the clean straight right hands that Hopkins wobbled Calzaghe had to do with headbutts and clinches? Gotcha.

Comment

So all the clean straight right hands that Hopkins wobbled Calzaghe had to do with headbutts and clinches? Gotcha.
              I'm talking about his allowed use of illegal tactics which he shouldn't of been allowed to get away with and you are talking about ALL of his straight right hands?

His punch stats were something like 18 punches thrown per round. His overall punch accuracy was around 33%, that's 6 punches landed per round
              Last edited by Toney616; 07-03-2010, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                I stopped right there.

Calzaghe's Legacy < Syphilis
                That's very harsh.

You must REALLY HATE this man.

Tell us, what do you have against Joe Calzaghe, Burner?

Comment

Originally posted by Broffy View Post
                  Calzaghe will always get hate, more so from the Hopkins and Jones fans.
                  But the history books dont lie, He has wins over both of them and that is a FACT. " but they wasn't in their prime" waaaaaah waaaaaah, somebody call a waaaaaaaaaaaaamberlance.
                  Danny Green got a win over Roy Jones Jr as well, And he did it in one round while Calzaghe got knocked down and won a decision. The RJJ that fought Calzaghe was totally shot, and that is a FACT. Calzaghes win over RJJ as well as Green's win over RJJ, DOESN'T MEAN ****.

Trevor Berbick got a win over Ali and Danny Williams got a win over Mike Tyson, do you also think that Berbick is better than Ali and Williams is better than Tyson? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                    That's very harsh.

You must REALLY HATE this man.

Tell us, what do you have against Joe Calzaghe, Burner?
                    he's jealous because Calzaghe is better than Roy Jones.

Comment

Hopkins has dominated his last 3 fights since losing to Calzaghe, he is only adding to the great legacy of Joe by his continued success.

I honestly think BHop is on some sort of HGH or performing enhancing drugs. We know for a fact that Roy Jones Jr and James Toney were, so that automatically makes Joe the best Supermiddleweight in the last 30 years.

46-0 and we know Joe did it cleanly. If anything he de-hanced his performance because of the coke use.

Comment

Working...
                      X