No announcement yet.

Lyoto Machida kicked off UFC on Fox 19 Card for Walmart Purchase

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Dhea doesn't even work. These testers are ridiculous.
    Depends, maybe he had erectile dysfunction.

Comment

With something this dumb ,makes me think twice of those who have tested positive .DHEA is a natural stimulant and its found in the human body .Supplementing just balances out lower levels of it for older guys ...lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
        Damn, sucks for Machida.

At this rate fish oil and protein power will be on the list of banned substances soon.
        Or proper hydration. Because being properly hydrated does give you an advantage over a drained fighter, you know.

Seems to me both MMA and boxing regulatories need to determine exactly what it is they're trying to do. If all you care about is that one fighter has an advantage over the other, broad PED blocking or even supplement blocking isn't the answer.

To me, it should be as simple as, if it's injected and you don't have a medical condition that specifically requires it (i.e. diabetes), it's not allowed. Anything you ingest is exempt from ban. Then it's up to the nutritionist to ensure they don't allow their fighter to ingest anything that is problematic for their fighter. While there are plenty of pills and liquids, they aren't nearly as effective as injections when you're cycling. Superstar Billy Graham will gladly tell you this.

So in MayPac, Manny could take all the Motrin he wanted to manage pain leading up to the fight, but a cortozone or whatever shot, nope.

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        USADA needs to have a website & phone app, so that you can scan a QR-code on the product and see if it gets you in trouble.
        Problem is there are the main brands. Then there are the offshoot brands. Then there are the blends. Then there are the alts. There's too many to track.

For example, I take a supplement that helps me manage weight. It's comprised of natural ingredients one could put together themselves from Walgreens or GNC or Super Sup or Amazon or whatever, but acts quite like a steroid when you put it all together. I went from a peak of 197 and climbing, down to a more acceptable 173 within the span of two months without a diet change and without a harder workout. Two pills a day.

Under the current guidelines it's illegal to take Clenbuterol, for example, to cut (which is sometimes naturally found in prepared meat), but it's not illegal to take this supplement that does the exact same thing. It doesn't make sense.

It's a game of whack-a-mole with no real goal.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          Problem is there are the main brands. Then there are the offshoot brands. Then there are the blends. Then there are the alts. There's too many to track.

For example, I take a supplement that helps me manage weight. It's comprised of natural ingredients one could put together themselves from Walgreens or GNC or Super Sup or Amazon or whatever, but acts quite like a steroid when you put it all together. I went from a peak of 197 and climbing, down to a more acceptable 173 within the span of two months without a diet change and without a harder workout. Two pills a day.

Under the current guidelines it's illegal to take Clenbuterol, for example, to cut (which is sometimes naturally found in prepared meat), but it's not illegal to take this supplement that does the exact same thing. It doesn't make sense.

It's a game of whack-a-mole with no real goal.
          USADA needs to start with an approved list of products, so that you can trust those products not to get you in trouble. Then if you decided to take something off that list, you know you're at risk. Manufacturers of those products should want to apply for verification/approval under USADA to help market their product. It's basically what FDA regulated products go through when they claim 'FDA approved'.

This really is USADA dropping the ball at the fighter's expense, especially with as much as they charge for their services. If there was a fighters union, this wouldn't be happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            USADA needs to start with an approved list of products, so that you can trust those products not to get you in trouble. Then if you decided to take something off that list, you know you're at risk. Manufacturers of those products should want to apply for verification/approval under USADA to help market their product. It's basically what FDA regulated products go through when they claim 'FDA approved'.

This really is USADA dropping the ball at the fighter's expense, especially with as much as they charge for their services. If there was a fighters union, this wouldn't be happening.
            I don't think that's USADA's job. I don't. You go that route, it means you will never have asthmatic fighters in there, or diabetic fighters, or fighters with anxiety issues, or anemic fighters, or fighters with HIV, or fighters with testosterone imbalances. Well, you might as well ban the sport at that point because you've eliminated 50% of the fighter population.

I think their job is to disallow applications of hardcore PEDs to ensure there isn't a blatant fight imbalance. Well, if you ban injections that are not required to manage or cure a specific medical illness, you tackle 95% of the PEDs out there. The rest aren't hardcore enough to allow the fighter to change the outcome of the fight without skill.

If the intent is to save lives - which I support - to me that's on the nutritionist and the trainer, not USADA/VADA/WADA.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Damn, sucks for Machida.

At this rate fish oil and protein power will be on the list of banned substances soon.
              Machida means town field

Lyoto is a non existent name in Japan..

Poor guy!

Comment

Working...
              X