Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murder charges dropped for 3 young people who beat and stabbed an elderly man to deat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Murder charges dropped for 3 young people who beat and stabbed an elderly man to deat

Updated: Wednesday, February 19 2014, 05:27 PM CST CHICKASAW, Ala. (WPMI) Capital murder charges have been dismissed against the three suspects charged in connection with the beating, stabbing and robbery of an elderly Chickasaw man. Deangelo Smith, Yasmine Munnerlyn and Carlos Nottingham are now charged with attempted murder. Prosecutors say the three broke in to 86-year-old Carroll Jordan's home three weeks ago, beat and stabbed him, then robbed him. Jordan died that weekend. The trio was initially charged with capital murder, but authorities Wednesday announced those charges were downgraded as an aortic aneurysm caused Jordan's death, not the beating and stabbing. Local 15's Derrick Rose is following this story. He will have more information on Local 15 News at 5, 6 and 10.

Read More at: http://www.local15tv.com/news/featur...der-3587.shtml

this is some messed up ish, its a pretty big story around town but i dont know why the major news outlets havent picked up on this one yet,like cnn and msnbc. i read somewhere else that they ate a bunch of food in his frige as he was laying there dying
    Justice4Jordan RIP

senseless,

Killed for pizza: Mobile County DA calls Chickasaw man's death 'senseless crime'

MOBILE, Alabama – The robbers whose vicious beating ultimately caused the death of an elderly man got little for their crime, Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich said Monday.
    With the death of the severely beaten Chickasaw man, prosecutors Monday upgraded charges against a trio of defendants to capital murder.

DeAngelo Terrell Smith, 21, Carlos Nottingham, 20, and Yasmin Munnerlyn, 19, had been facing burglary and attempted murder charges in connection with an incident at the home of Carroll Jordan on Jan. 27. Each now faces a capital murder charge alleging robbery and could get the death penalty if convicted.

“It’s just a senseless crime – for pizza. That’s what they got out of it,” said Mobile County District Attorney Ashley Rich, adding that investigators allege that the robbers paid for the mean with money the received form pawning a ring that they stole.

Smith, Nottingham and Munnerlyn face a previously scheduled preliminary hearing on Feb. 27. It is unclear if that date will be changed as a result of the new charges or if the defendants will appear in court sooner for a new bail hearing. Rich noted that a judge already had ordered all three jailed without bail on the previous charges.

According to law enforcement authorities, the 86-year-vicim suffered a severe beating and stabbing. He died on Saturday.

Police found a flat-screen television in the yard on 11th Avenue. Investigators have said the burglars targeted Jordan because he had a reputation in the community for leaving his doors unlocked.

Updated at 2:32 p.m. to provide details about allegations that the robbers pawned a ring and used the money for pizza.

juss for some pizza and they didnt even get away with anything but they kill an old man,id love to beat some sense into they ass and wipe that smerk off man

Comment

Charges werent dropped, they were downgraded to attempted murder because his cause of death was an aortic aneurysm, not their beating

They will still be locked away for a very long time

Comment

These kinds of stories dont meet the America is racist narrative that they continually push. Liberal media has a clear racist agenda and these stories deflate their deceitful agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Charges werent dropped, they were downgraded to attempted murder because his cause of death was an aortic aneurysm, not their beating

They will still be locked away for a very long time
          well dam i hope so, this story rly irks me in a bad way,

I hope they set up a fund for donation for his family tho its crazy u type his name on google "Carrol Jordan" and almost nothing about him or his slaying shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
            These kinds of stories dont meet the America is racist narrative that they continually push. Liberal media has a clear racist agenda and these stories deflate their deceitful agenda.
            i used to think it wasnt like that but then i started seeing u always have to go on the internet to see this types of horrific brutal slayings and they arent shows on the major news media like CNN and fox news,maybe just a snippet. but i cant even find more than 2 or 3 articles when u type his name on the internet.Is it being censored and for what reason?

Comment

USA is one of the least racist countries in the world, and that's a fact.

Originally posted by SlyDominican View Post
              i used to think it wasnt like that but then i started seeing u always have to go on the internet to see this types of horrific brutal slayings and they arent shows on the major news media like CNN and fox news,maybe just a snippet. but i cant even find more than 2 or 3 articles when u type his name on the internet.Is it being censored and for what reason?
              Because the victim is white (and the perps not).

Comment

I hate human beings.

Comment

Sad but true, the liberal media is constantly trying to hide stories like these from viewers. Disgusting

Comment

Originally posted by 876arrow View Post
                    USA is one of the least racist countries in the world, and that's a fact.

Because the victim is white (and the perps not).
                    dude, just put the crack pipe down for a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X