No announcement yet.

Reality Check Rios and Pac

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality Check Rios and Pac

Ok I keep hearing people talking about it's ok for Pac to fight Rios because he is lazy and is heavy coming in. But When the tables are turned and the Ghost comes in weighing more than Floyd it's a cherry pick.
    Lets put things in perspective Manny is an atg in many eyes but doesn't have to fight outside his weight comfort and gets credit for beat guys in lower weight classes or guys coming off loses. Floyd who many say is not an atg has to fight guys much bigger coming off wins and has to fight their fight to impress most wtf? And if he stick and move he's running (Ghost % Floyd fight) When manny does it ( Margarito & Pac) it's fighting smart?
    Also perspective, the Ghost while not an atg is a good fighter. Lets compare stats, The Ghost good chin, decent power, good inside fighter, decent middle range fighter, decent ring IQ, and tries to adjust. Brandon Rios good chin, good power, dummer than a bag of rocks, doesn't adjust comes forward all day and take punches to the face for the fun of " being a warrior.
    Now lets be real not saying Ghost a sure win but he has enough to beat Rios the fight is 50/50 and I give Ghost the edge because like Alvarado he can box and brawl and has enough power to keep people honest. But yet Pac is once again getting praised for fighting a guy off a lose with no skills but coming forward pressuring with his face out.
    And the excuse is because he lost, well guess what check other atgs the lose and came back to fight legit threats, hearn, ali, srl, etc, etc but Pac gets a pass?
    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by WitherGlove; 05-07-2013, 09:50 PM.

Floyd is at a much better point in his career right now than Manny is in his.

You could at least take that as a victory for Floyd, but it seems you lot would rather just twist the spear.

Manny got knocked out brutally in his last fight, it's very, very rare that a fighter is the same after one like that.

Floyd has still yet to lose. It's fairly simple. In fact, he looked fantastic in his last fight. I even think he looked great in the Cotto fight

Comment

I would agree with you if this wasn't a pattern. I mean I like Pac I think he a great fighter but in the end, it should be labeled for what it is a warm up, people seriously acting like wow he has the balls to fight rios. Let's be honest Rios got schooled by Abril and is really not that great, manny should run through him.

Comment

Originally posted by WitherGlove View Post
        I would agree with you if this wasn't a pattern. I mean I like Pac I think he a great fighter but in the end, it should be labeled for what it is a warm up, people seriously acting like wow he has the balls to fight rios. Let's be honest Rios got schooled by Abril and is really not that great, manny should run through him.
        Not unreasonable really. I think Rios is just a marketable punching bag to get Pacquiao's confidence back or see how much he's got left in the tank. Most should agree.

Comment

treason1 will be back to drop some knowledge at halftime

Comment

I completely agree they should have matched pac with Alvarado. Rios is just a sloppy B-level fighter with no head movement and minimal defense. His strategy is literally to get fighters to hit him so he can trade back with him. Manny needs to get away from arum so he can make a fight with floyd next year.

Comment

I got a couple things to say, but first please learn to use paragraphs.

Anyways, who says Floyd isn't an ATG? He is, but realistically he's he's not even near the top 20 ATGs of the sport. He's self proclaimed in my opinion because he never truly DOMINATED his weight classes by not fighting those that also could of stated they ruled it as there are multiple champions. At least he should of fought Paul Williams and 140 pound undefeated Cotto.

Guerrero tried to adapt? Seems like BS to me and I enjoyed the **** out of watching Floyd that night. Also, Manny threw over 1000 punches with Marg with Marg throwing over 800..

I give Floyd 55/45 to win against Manny. Back in 08-10 I got Manny pulling the upset 60/40.

Comment

one is coming off a KO loss

the other has never lost

yet they fight similar caliber opponents ..

who do you think deserves more props?...

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                  Not unreasonable really. I think Rios is just a marketable punching bag to get Pacquiao's confidence back or see how much he's got left in the tank. Most should agree.
                  Definitely agree not saying I won't be watching it should be a good fight but the double standards are really crazy even in the media

Comment

Jokes and immaturity put to the side, Pacquiao was recently knocked out, and hasn't exactly looked like a fighter at the top of his game in recent match ups. When you look at fighters like Amir Khan, who fought Diaz and Molina after getting knocked out, expecting Pacquiao to fight a dominant fighter on the back of 2 losses is unreasonable.

If I'm going to be honest I think him stepping in the ring with Rios is a bit stupid and it a sign that Bob Arum is more interested in cashing out on his fighter. It'd be more appropriate for Pacquiao to fight a fighter with a low output and low punching power so that he can actually tune up.

Comment

Working...
                    X