Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao and Steroids...Have they put a black mark on boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Free Ice Cream View Post
    Even if these allegations aren't true, all I hear about on the street in the recent weeks is how steroids are ruining boxing's clean image. I have to look no further than Manny Pacquiao to blame for that misfortune. Regardless of if allegations are true or not, Pac had an easy chance to propel this sport forwards, instead he took it back to the ice age.

It's in the news because "Manny's team rejected it!!!
    Have they accepted the ludicrous term none will even know about it or hear from it again.it's just a term in the contract nothing more.

Comment

Even if these allegations aren't true, all I hear about on the street in the recent weeks is how steroids are ruining boxing's clean image. I have to look no further than Manny Pacquiao to blame for that misfortune. Regardless of if allegations are true or not, Pac had an easy chance to propel this sport forwards, instead he took it back to the ice age.
      This is a situation that already has a blueprint drawn up by other professional sports. The biggest issue is that there are simply too many governing bodies in boxing.

Comment

Hell yea it looks bad. If you notice a lot of the Pac fans that used to go at it hardcore on here have vanished, also Floyd fans don't seem to even go into the Floyd bashing threads in his defense because it is no longer necessary.

True or not, everybody wanted this fight, there were people who hadn't watch boxing since Tyson or Oscar v Trinidad that were going to watch this fight. Pac wasn't destroyed but his upcoming bout damn sure isn't half as important as what could have been.

Oh well that's boxing !!!

Instead of pressing the issue with Manny the boxing world and Manny's fans would rather forget this ever occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          rep power turned off=suspect.
          Always tryin to red k somebody huh ?

Comment

Oscar De La Hoya gave boxing a golden image. I don't understand why Manny didn't want it to continue.
            come on! taking random drug testing before a fight is a ridiculous demand by Floyd. No one in the world suspects Pacquiao of doing anything wrong, only the *****s! Pacquiao has too much pride to be give in to any demand by another fighter, and you know that he gets weak for 2 weeks after drawing blood!!

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
              come on! taking random drug testing before a fight is a ridiculous demand by Floyd. No one in the world suspects Pacquiao of doing anything wrong, only the *****s! Pacquiao has too much pride to be give in to any demand by another fighter, and you know that he gets weak for 2 weeks after drawing blood!!
              I agree. Good post!

Comment

Whenever 1 of the sports biggest stars refuses to take random drug test serious questions arise.

Comment

The biggest black mark on boxing has always been shady promoters and that a big majority believe that fights are fixed by the judges. This is just from my own experience i know a TON of boxing fans. and not once has the steroids discussion ever been brought up. However bad scorecards from the judges is something that comes up a lot. And if anything Manny has helped keep boxing in the mainstream. After everyone one of his fights all you can hear is how dominant a fighter he is and that we want to see Pac/mayweather!

i think the fact that Baseball so badly screwed up the steroid era has helped boxing and other sports, shed off any attacks because everyone has so focused on what players in the mlb did. once that goes away though the attention could start focusing back to the other major sports.

Comment

Go Suck a dick....

Comment

Originally posted by I Can Levitate View Post
                      This f***ng idiot should be banned forever in these forums. How can anyone accept these stupid lies of his without any consequences?

Comment

Working...
                      X