Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not sure why people are upset about Freddies 145 suggestion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd can easily make 145. He just doesn't want to. He doesn't want to "concede" anything.

Whatever weight they do fight at won't matter anyway, though ; because come fight night, Mayweather will be a bonafide Junior Middleweight just like he was against Marquez.

Of course, we won't know that officially ; because he'll refuse to be weighed in on fight night, once again.

But even Helen Keller could see that Floyd was a Junior Middleweight in the ring against Marquez on fight night. He was huge.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
      rofl, roach put the pac nuthuggers in a real predicament, having to try and justify why pac should fight floyd at a 145 catchweight, but could also go up to 154 and fight yuri foreman.

where's my popcorn, this should be entertaining.
      Whats to justify,
      this is a battle to see who is the pound for pound best.

Pound for pound doesn't have a weight class.

Manny fought a catch weight at his last fight.
      Floyd fought at a catch weight at his last fight.

Suddenly its a problem?

Comment

I for one dont care about the weight since I still dont think Floyd is that big, even though its probably harder to make weight after a 2 year layoff. I still say that it should be at 146 or maybe 145.5 to make it in the middle. With that being said, you cant have it both ways. Sure this is a P4P fight but people need to stop acting like Pac is so small and that Floyd is so much bigger than Pac. There in the ring weight has been the same for years, even when Floyd was a few classes higher and everyone thinks Pac is the stronger fighter with the harder punch. On top of that Pac & his team and all his fans are hyping up the 7 weight class thing. Thats what is upsetting people. Its not a huge deal to me though

Comment

Pac has a WW belt now. It should be 147 imo. If it's 145 or no fight, fine I guess.

Comment

All catchweights do is lead to excuses, catchweights give an advantage to the guy demanding it. If you want a legit win fight the guy at his weight class, so both boxers come in as healthy as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              Floyd can easily make 145. He just doesn't want to. He doesn't want to "concede" anything.

Whatever weight they do fight at won't matter anyway, though ; because come fight night, Mayweather will be a bonafide Junior Middleweight just like he was against Marquez.

Of course, we won't know that officially ; because he'll refuse to be weighed in on fight night, once again.

But even Helen Keller could see that Floyd was a Junior Middleweight in the ring against Marquez on fight night. He was huge.
              Come on now. Even all the experts said they think Floyd was 152 against JMM but everyone is trying to act like he was super huge. He looks huge now because he was a flat board before when he was fighting guys like Zab & Baldy and coming into the ring at 146 pounds for WW fights. Why cant people see that. Ofcourse he looks bigger now but where did he start from? You act like he was 155 first and looked way bigger against JMM

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                I for one dont care about the weight since I still dont think Floyd is that big, even though its probably harder to make weight after a 2 year layoff. I still say that it should be at 146 or maybe 145.5 to make it in the middle. With that being said, you cant have it both ways. Sure this is a P4P fight but people need to stop acting like Pac is so small and that Floyd is so much bigger than Pac. There in the ring weight has been the same for years, even when Floyd was a few classes higher and everyone thinks Pac is the stronger fighter with the harder punch. On top of that Pac & his team and all his fans are hyping up the 7 weight class thing. Thats what is upsetting people. Its not a huge deal to me though

Hold up, wait a minute, let me put some BOOM in it!

Um, where have you been the last 5 years when people have been saying the same thing about Floyd and the rest of the welterweights?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                  Come on now. Even all the experts said they think Floyd was 152 against JMM but everyone is trying to act like he was super huge. He looks huge now because he was a flat board before when he was fighting guys like Zab & Baldy and coming into the ring at 146 pounds for WW fights. Why cant people see that. Ofcourse he looks bigger now but where did he start from? You act like he was 155 first and looked way bigger against JMM
                  So you're admitting he was a Junior Middleweight against Marquez, right?

Comment

lol,

chess mofos,

chess.

Comment

he looked like it, i dont buy what people said about him being 158 or 160, but 152 looked about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X