Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares To Donaire: I'll Fight on 4/13, Send Your Counter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
    Are you a professional boxer? They have a say in their careers. That's why some boxers take on all comers and some don't. Obviously, management and promoters have their roles, and some are more dominant than others, but SOME BOXERS stand up for themselves, worrying more about their legacy and less about money. I suppose I'll continue to live in denial. GTFO.
    Stand up? You areally dont have a clue. I have spoken to a Promoter who has promoted fights YOU have seen and the bottom line is it is IN the contract that the PROMOTER choses who the fighters fight and WHEN they fight, that is why a guy like Cloud couldn't just go out and fight without Don King involved and had to sit on the shelf a while and that is why a FIGHTER does NOT make the opponent choice decision, PERIOD! Stop fuking kidding yourself! The Promoter looks out for ways to optimize his investment because THE FIGHTER DOES NOT PUT THE MONEY UP! DO you need me to bring a Promoter on here and straighten you out??!!

Comment

nonito did not handle this too well ..he should'nt have oppened his mouth too soon eventhough i think the contract gbp sent had fine prints in it...bobby should just copromote it if he's not gonna come up with a better offer...

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        Stand up? You areally dont have a clue. I have spoken to a Promoter who has promoted fights YOU have seen and the bottom line is it is IN the contract that the PROMOTER choses who the fighters fight and WHEN they fight, that is why a guy like Cloud couldn't just go out and fight without Don King involved and had to sit on the shelf a while and that is why a FIGHTER does NOT make the opponent choice decision, PERIOD! Stop fuking kidding yourself! The Promoter looks out for ways to optimize his investment because THE FIGHTER DOES NOT PUT THE MONEY UP! DO you need me to bring a Promoter on here and straighten you out??!!
        You're right, boxers have absolutely no say when it comes to their own careers. Tim Bradley has been sitting on the shelf because his promoter isn't interested in making any money at the moment.

Comment

You're right, boxers have absolutely no say when it comes to their own careers. Tim Bradley has been sitting on the shelf because his promoter isn't interested in making any money at the moment.
          Tim rejected Arums fight he had for him and when you deny the Bobfather you dont get fights. Hence sitting on a shelf. He has no control over career.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
            Tim rejected Arums fight he had for him and when you deny the Bobfather you dont get fights. Hence sitting on a shelf. He has no control over career.

Comment

Your laughing at the truth. He rejected it thinking he can and has been offered what since then? He has no control.

Big money fight vs the Ghost ws there if he had control why not take it? He said yes but why didnt it happen? Arum!

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Your laughing at the truth. He rejected it thinking he can and has been offered what since then? He has no control.

Big money fight vs the Ghost ws there if he had control why not take it? He said yes but why didnt it happen? Arum!
                Bradley took a lot of heat when HE rejected the Khan fight way back when. It was a gamble that HE took, but he benefited when, because of HIS decision, he landed the Pacquiao fight.

This argument has reached it's expiration date:

Agree to disagree.

Comment

Bradley took a lot of heat when HE rejected the Khan fight way back when. It was a gamble that HE took, but he benefited when, because of HIS decision, he landed the Pacquiao fight.

This argument has reached it's expiration date:

Agree to disagree.
                  Yes great career move. Doing wonders for it.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fetta;12978388]Your laughing at the truth. He rejected it thinking he can and has been offered what since then? He has no control.QUOTE]Very true. Don King has popularized putting fighters on the shelf for various reasons. Fighters have little control to begin with and if they screw up with their Promoters, they end up with even less control and wind up in law suits.

Comment

Working...
                    X