Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarez beats Cotto, does he deserve to fight Floyd???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes if he beats him with no doubts and looks good doing it. Cotto is still a top tier fighter and has a lot of dimensions in the ring. If Canelo looks good beating him it is only natural that a Floyd fight should get made.

A popular up and comming possible superstar against the best in the world, who wouldn't wanna buy that

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      You might the most annoying, immature and down right detestable poster in all of the internet. Grow up you troll.

Name a JMW better than Cotto. There isnt any.
      No, that honor goes to you.

Comment

You might the most annoying, immature and down right detestable poster in all of the internet. Grow up you troll.

Name a JMW better than Cotto. There isnt any.
        I asked you a simple question. What has Cotto done to be the best JMW in the world? Simple answer required

Comment

Oh look its his alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            I asked you a simple question. What has Cotto done to be the best JMW in the world? Simple answer required
            Stop acting like a child. Who is the best JMW in the world? Lets hear it. Because the hands down consensus amongst ALL publications, writers and rankings is either Floyd or Cotto.

So name the best JMW in the world. I already said its Cotto. Wheres your name?

Comment

He cant beat Cotto right now.But if he can be competitive with the puerto rican, in 2014 maybe can beat Floyd who knows.

Comment

Stop acting like a child. Who is the best JMW in the world? Lets hear it. Because the hands down consensus amongst ALL publications, writers and rankings is either Floyd or Cotto.

So name the best JMW in the world. I already said its Cotto. Wheres your name?
                I must've missed your answer on what Cotto has done to be considered the best JMW in the world?

Questions are answered with answers. Not more questions.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I don't think Floyd will fight Canelo until he gets a big win or two. Otherwise he would have fought him this past May.
                  Floyd cares way more about money than who his opponent has beaten. There was some serious talks last cinco de mayo about floyd facing alvarez. Even at that point where canelo had virtually done nothing. Since then, canelo is putting his face on the map with the general public, and draws more than ever. Canelo, even at this point, brings more to the table than ortiz did. Floyd would be happy to collect that check, he tried to last time.

With that said, i wouldnt be surprised if canelo has made floyd nervous since last may. I wouldnt be surprised if floyd says he needs more marquee wins and such, and tries to avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I must've missed your answer on what Cotto has done to be considered the best JMW in the world?

Questions are answered with answers. Not more questions.
                    Beating an undefeated junior middleweight champion probably has nothing to do with it. Going toe to toe and having a competitive fight with the #1 fighter in the world probably doesn factor in aswell.

Aside from floyd, cotto has completely dismantled every opponent who has stepped in front of him. Canelo very well may be better than cotto at this point, but that remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      Floyd cares way more about money than who his opponent has beaten. There was some serious talks last cinco de mayo about floyd facing alvarez. Even at that point where canelo had virtually done nothing. Since then, canelo is putting his face on the map with the general public, and draws more than ever. Canelo, even at this point, brings more to the table than ortiz did. Floyd would be happy to collect that check, he tried to last time.

With that said, i wouldnt be surprised if canelo has made floyd nervous since last may. I wouldnt be surprised if floyd says he needs more marquee wins and such, and tries to avoid him.
                      Going by what Floyd said after Floyd-Cotto was signed, where he said Alvarez was young aand strong but that he needed more experience before he fought Floyd, I think Floyd wants him to get a win over Cotto or someone else first.

Aside from Marquez, when was the last time Floyd fought someone not coming off big or good wins??? Judah and Mitchell, 6-7 years ago.

Baldomir was coming off beating RING WW champ Judah, De La Hoya was coming off a big KO win in his comeback, Hatton was unbeaten a Top 10 P4P, Mosley was coming off stopping Margarito, Ortiz was coming off beating previously unbeaten #2 WW Berto and what should have been a W over Peterson, and Cotto was coming off beating Top 10 SWW Foreman and avenging the plaster loss to Margarito.

They've all had good or decent or big wins before Floyd fought them lately. I really don't think his next opponent, if he does fight again, will be different.

Comment

Working...
                      X