No announcement yet.

New Gamboa interview (audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    - press conference coming soon where he will tell the true side of the story

- the guy asked him why he is so hard to reach through the media, and gamboa said that his promoters and managers sometimes make it impossible for him to speak through the media, but he said that hopefully in 2013 that wont be the case anymore

- he said that whole him being scared of rios is propaganda, he said the negotiations were never right.

- when asked about jumping to 135 he said look at his record on his first 9 fights, where he fought around the 130's in all of them
    Thanks for the translation.

Comment

Only Mexicans and *******s are labeling Gamboa as a coward, go figure, a nation that his boxers get hand it belts without deserving it and then hide behind a wall for not to face the true Champion in their division or the best contender available, they bring old warriors and let then fight for a tittle against a Tijuana cab driver to enhance their legacy, still they say $h1t about that but want to kill a fighter that is going against the establisment...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Thanks for posting the interview, bro! Nice to finally hear Yuri's voice after this whole mess started. I understand he needs to measure his words carefully, but boxing fans (especially his fans) need to hear something "from the horse's mouth." I can't wait for a more extensive (and clearer) interview!
        Gamboa was probably forced to sign an extension in order to get a fight- just like Top Skank is trying to do to Chavez Jr.

Comment

he had the chance to talk about his problems before tickets were sold and presscon for the fight were scheduled but he didn't. sorry but there's no excuse for that, he deserves the blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Simply Zyzz View Post
            theres a side to the story that nobody knows... people really think gamboa just woke up one day and said , " fuk this i aint showing up to no press conference"..... my friend goes to UNLV and guess who's in one his classes???.....

gamboa was being robbed......... be prepare to hear some news
            If it wasn't a good deal then he shouldn't have signed the contract. That's his own damn fault.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
              Gamboa was probably forced to sign an extension in order to get a fight- just like Top Skank is trying to do to Chavez Jr.
              This theory has been put out there before. I don't doubt it. Hopefully we'll know soon.

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
              he had the chance to talk about his problems before tickets were sold and presscon for the fight were scheduled but he didn't. sorry but there's no excuse for that, he deserves the blame.
              If the above theory is true, then Gamboa should've probably dealt with it before the press conference and tickets went on sale. But, really, who knows what's truly going on here. Things look bad, but people have been wrongfully convicted in court before, let alone in the court of public opinion. People need to understand that they don't have all the facts. If they did, they might very well change their opinion.

Comment

This theory has been put out there before. I don't doubt it. Hopefully we'll know soon.

If the above theory is true, then Gamboa should've probably dealt with it before the press conference and tickets went on sale. But, really, who knows what's truly going on here. Things look bad, but people have been wrongfully convicted in court before, let alone in the court of public opinion. People need to understand that they don't have all the facts. If they did, they might very well change their opinion.
                Dude, how much time do you need to get the detail? It's been weeks and you still have any idea what's going on? This is the internet age where you get the info you need at the snap of a finger. The guy just won't open up and is a diva in the making. Biggest violation in the sport is to deny the fans what they want. Time to penalize these clowns. I don't care how skillful they are.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                  Dude, how much time do you need to get the detail? It's been weeks and you still have any idea what's going on? This is the internet age where you get the info you need at the snap of a finger. The guy just won't open up and is a diva in the making. Biggest violation in the sport is to deny the fans what they want. Time to penalize these clowns. I don't care how skillful they are.

lol

There's nothing but rumors, allegations and conjecture on the Internet. I know practically everything that's been posted; but the true details are known only to Gamboa, his promoters and some insiders. If you think you're getting all the facts, you're mistaken. We'll know what's what soon enough.
                  Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-21-2012, 12:58 PM.

Comment

what facts do you need? the fight was announced all over media...don't tell me gamboa didn't know that. if he was having a problem with his promoter, he should've brought it up right away and not wait for the presscon to happen and act like a diva for not showing up.

Comment

If you play the video backwards, you can distinctly hear "im a coward" muttered by Gamboa

Comment

Working...
                      X