Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Helenius vs. Tyson Fury: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right. Kind of puts a little doubt around it then doesn't it.

Chisora deserves a rematch then, and gives Helenius a chance to really beat him.

Then a battle of the giants with Fury should be the go.

Helenius was shaping up ok until his career hit a wall.

Comment

A few years ago, I'd have picked Helenius.

But Fury has steadily improved his boxing skills, while Helenius has been inactive.

Comment

Helenius doesn't seem to have the willpower, heart, and skill to stand up to Fury, who is reaching the peak of his powers now.

Comment

not sure why people think tyson has improved his 'skills'.
          ive said it before and ill say it again, he has little to no skills, he does the basics sure, but his main attribute is his height...that's it.

Dont forget the reff stopped the fight several times agaisnt chisora 2 to show tyson how to throw a JAB FFS.
          he just slapped the fight outta chisora who looked like he didnt even deserve to be called a poor mans joe frazier that night.

I havent seen much of helenius but id expect him to beat fury, infact i'd expect anyone above 6'5 who is in the top 10 to beat fury / knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            not sure why people think tyson has improved his 'skills'.
            ive said it before and ill say it again, he has little to no skills, he does the basics sure, but his main attribute is his height...that's it.

Dont forget the reff stopped the fight several times agaisnt chisora 2 to show tyson how to throw a JAB FFS.
            he just slapped the fight outta chisora who looked like he didnt even deserve to be called a poor mans joe frazier that night.

I havent seen much of helenius but id expect him to beat fury, infact i'd expect anyone above 6'5 who is in the top 10 to beat fury / knock him out.
            Fury was coming back from a significant break and wanted rounds. He literally toyed with Chisora who was on the best streak of his career, and turned up in excellent shape unlike the first bout. I've never seen Dereck's face splattered like that so Fury's punches must have been doing something.

If Fury wanted to blast him out, he could have done. However he was content to shake off the ring rust, and just box.
            Last edited by denium; 03-23-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Helenius hasn't looked good in years.. Literally years..

Fury toys with him, and turns him into an outclassed sparring partner

Comment

Helenius will win Fury

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
                If I had been asked this question a couple years back, I would have said that for a short period there, Helenius was the only legitimate threat left to Klitschko.

That was before the Chisora exposure. That was before the claim of injury and the career stallage.

Now I dunno what happened against Chisora or whether he could waste Dereck any other day or not but that crap can't be denied.

Helenius is a far more brutal puncher than Fury, that's definite, but if Robert was any better than him technically beforehand, he wouldn't be now!

Fury has really started to come into his own now.

It's a tough call, I give Helenius a very good punchers chance against Fury and I do mean very high, because he has the range too unlike Fury has ever faced, AND the power. Helenius looks like he could take a punch too, the guy is a Viking!

But I think it will be Fury that outboxes him and after several rounds if Helenius hasn't caught him with anything significant, he will be weakened by the Fury peppering and it will be all Fury.

Fury UD Helenius (30-40% punchers chance Helenius)

in an entertaining and great fight.

Good, neutral analysis, cheers!

Why "claim of injury"? His shoulder was operated after the Chisora fight and it was clearly visible that that he could not use that arm after the first round.

People seem to forget what effect injuries have on athletic performance because they have only been spectators. Even a mild knee pain hinders running times tremendously. In boxing, a fighter starts to concentrate on himself rather than his opponent and loses faith.

I believe in Helenius but his career cannot sustain further injuries and long breaks. He seems to be in better condition than in 2011 but I am still surprised that at his age, he has not been able to loose the extra weight which would make him not only quicker but help him endure the rounds.

If he is at the same level as prior to his injury he will win Fury, no doubt. Wish to see this fight soon but I think that Frenchman is up next.

Comment

Working...
                X