Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Gamboa: Yuriorkis Will Dominate at Lightweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure Gambo has been hurt! I've seen it on the Tele! hahaha anyways... those of you who think Gamboa is going to walk through Rios sound like... Rios knows how to fight a guy like this.. He's been fighting quick boxers for a looong time, not just Peterson and Acosta. I think it's a great fight... If Gamboa is really leaving Rios... then yes.. I think they are cashing out on him and he has non chance. If he is still with TR then it's a great match up that I think Rios will win but can go the other way.

Comment

It´s a great fight. Gamboa is quicker and has a better technique. Rios knows how to fight African-Americans though. Both have good chins and pop. Rios has more heart though, Gamboa begins to hold and run at the first sight of danger. Rios might be weight-drained though. This fight is an enygma.

Comment

budfr-It´s a great fight. Gamboa is quicker and has a better technique. Rios knows how to fight African-Americans though. Both have good chins and pop. Rios has more heart though, Gamboa begins to hold and run at the first sight of danger. Rios might be weight-drained though. This fight is an enygma.

First of all Gamboa is Cuban not African American! Second what would that have to do with anything? if you wanna go there then gamboa knows how to beat Mexicans because he's beaten a hand full!! Third when does gamboa hold and run? he's one of the few that can dictate the pace of a fight and has great ringmanship! with that said it's still gonna be a great fight

Comment

Poor guy. What a dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            It´s a great fight. Gamboa is quicker and has a better technique. Rios knows how to fight African-Americans though. Both have good chins and pop. Rios has more heart though, Gamboa begins to hold and run at the first sight of danger. Rios might be weight-drained though. This fight is an enygma.
            In what fight did Yuriorkis "run and hold"? I've seen all of his bouts and I've never gotten the impression that Gamboa holds to an unusual degree. Yuri tends to be very aggressive. The one fight where he kept his distance and pot-shoted was against Ponce De Leon. I expect a similar approach versus Rios. The difference will probably be that Brandon will pursue Gamboa, whereas Daniel waited on Yuri.

Comment

Haha... Rios will break that chin in a thousand pieces....Rios by ko on the 10th round 2:43 min....

Comment

maybe gamboa beat rios but dominate the lightweight division????

nonito donaire will expose him...

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  In what fight did Yuriorkis "run and hold"? I've seen all of his bouts and I've never gotten the impression that Gamboa holds to an unusual degree. Yuri tends to be very aggressive. The one fight where he kept his distance and pot-shoted was against Ponce De Leon. I expect a similar approach versus Rios. The difference will probably be that Brandon will pursue Gamboa, whereas Daniel waited on Yuri.
                  I know ur sticking with your man...... Care to make a friendly wager???

Comment

I don't see carrying extra being a problem for him AT ALL, people focus too much on Gamboa's Power "What will his power be like at 135" Gamboa has BOXING SKILLS, he don't just need POWER or a KO to defeat his opponent he can walk his opponents down and PICK THEM APART he can also fight going backs and moving around and stick and move

damn is that all people on this forum know about in boxing..."POWER" ?
                    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 02-21-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                      I know ur sticking with your man...... Care to make a friendly wager???
                      I bet with my head, not my heart. lol

Comment

Working...
                      X