Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Roaches predictions have to do with Mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Roaches predictions have to do with Mayweather??

I'm starting to think Roach is saying things like 1st round KO's to hype this fight so that Fire Power does more numbers than Mayweather/Marquez. I don't think he believes it and I don't think he's trying to get in Cotto's head. I think it's pure bs hype to get attention which translates into PPV buys which translates into negotiation power for Pacquiao vs Mayweather. Mayweather shocked us all (me included who predicted 350-450k buys and including Roach who said it would bomb) with the buy rates of his last fight and Fire Power doing better numbers is Pac's last chance at getting a 50-50 split.

"I said 60-40!"

Good, I'm a Floyd fan but i hope Pacquiao- Cotto does 1 mil+

Pacquiao fans were bitches for hoping Floyd - JMM flops, and i hope Floyd fans don't feel the same way

If its good for the sport its good for me

Comment

^^^I hope so too. It's good for boxing. I wasn't looking forward to the JMM fight but I'm glad it did big numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Real OG View Post
        Good, I'm a Floyd fan but i hope Pacquiao- Cotto does 1 mil+

Pacquiao fans were bitches for hoping Floyd - JMM flops, and i hope Floyd fans don't feel the same way

If its good for the sport its good for me
        e x a c t l y .

Comment

Nothin. He talkin **** on his fighter's behalf. No big surprise.

Comment

Dont forget that JMM/PBF was also shown in theaters across the country and these were included in the overall PPV numbers. I know a few people who actually went to see the fight at the theater down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
              Nothin. He talkin **** on his fighter's behalf. No big surprise.
              True. He does **** talk alot but I can't remember the last time he changed his predictions this much. I can't help to wonder if it's a way to get the wheels in motion for a future fight with Gayweather by trying to boost PPV sales. He went from "Cotto's our toughest test", "anyone who thinks Cotto will be easy is an idiot", and "we"re looking for a UD" to a first round KO? I doubt Roach believes that.

Comment

Roach talks **** cuz he's ****ing bored. He trains Manny for 4 1/2 hours, has 20 hours to kill every ****ing day in the middle of ****ing Baguio. What the **** would you do? Get a Filipino hooker? Great there's 10 minutes. 19 ****ing hours to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit-Punches View Post
                  True. He does **** talk alot but I can't remember the last time he changed his predictions this much. I can't help to wonder if it's a way to get the wheels in motion for a future fight with Gayweather by trying to boost PPV sales. He went from "Cotto's our toughest test", "anyone who thinks Cotto will be easy is an idiot", and "we"re looking for a UD" to a first round KO? I doubt Roach believes that.
                  Dude, Roach said first round KO with a smile on his face. He's having fun, talking ****, that's all. It's working, too, because you made a thread about it.

H.Y.P.E.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    Dude, Roach said first round KO with a smile on his face. He's having fun, talking ****, that's all. It's working, too, because you made a thread about it.

H.Y.P.E.
                    That was exactley my point?

Comment

Working...
                    X