No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan's Trainer: Brook Fight Will Not Be a 50-50 Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan's Trainer: Brook Fight Will Not Be a 50-50 Deal

Amir Khan’s new trainer Virgil Hunter has told WBN that any potential welterweight bout between his fighter and IBF mandatory challenger Kell Brook will not be a straight 50/50 split as stipulated by Eddie Hearn recently.

Brook, 26, scored an impressive win over Argentine Hector Saldivia on Saturday and has since been vocal in his desire to face Khan at some point next year, although Hunter stated that a fight won’t happen until Khan is acclimatised to the higher weight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

here we go on the money...but he does have a point. Khan has atleast broken america
    Last edited by J.Dempsey; 10-24-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
      here we go on the money...but he does have a point. Khan has atleast broken america
      True, I like Kell but the only thing he's broken so far is his nose fighting a very limited Carson Jones!

Comment

Basically, no fight.

I do understand Khan's viewpoint. In my eye's Khan is one more KO loss away from irrelevance and I believe Brook would hand him that very loss...he'll see it as a big risk with not a huge reward.

Comment

Brook doesn't deserve a 50/50 split.

This fight will not, not happen due to Khan being tight with money but with Kell asking for more than his worth.
          Last edited by Terrel; 10-24-2012, 07:34 AM.

Comment

As soon as Hearn said 50/50 I knew that was gonna get thrown out the window

Comment

The only reason this fight would be interesting is if it's done immediately. Khan has been exposed. The only value he has is the interest in seeing him lose again.

Comment

I want Amir to get a title at 140 asap, and then move to 147 to fight Brook. However, beating Molina does nothing IMO in terms of deserving a title shot. Amir needs to beat a good name at 140; not a light-punching 135.

Comment

Don't see how Kell Brook can ask for 50/50 split. He has no belt, no credible names on his resume and hasn't broken america and is still not completely known in the UK such as Khan. He's not a PPV fighter, Khan is. He should be happy with his highest ever pay day. But as it stands now, Khan still takes it for me.

Comment

Everyone knows this is the case. I like both guys and don't really care how they split it but Kell hasn't done anything to demand 50/50.

Comment

Working...
                    X