Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quillen responds to GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sparring is sparring that doesn't roll over into real fights, they both got power and they both got heart. I would like to see Quillin-Geale and Martinez-Golovkin to set up the showdown to determine the true undisputed Middleweight champion, something I don't believe has been done since Sept. 29th 2001

Comment

Imo, Quillen will beat the **** out of GG. GG has a punchers chance. GG is overrated by you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Imo, Quillen will beat the **** out of GG. GG has a punchers chance. GG is overrated by you guys.
        No surprises there...

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Yea but Rodriguez had the 1M dollar tourney lined up no?

I'd say Quillin got the better defense out of both of these guys too.
          The $1 mil is for the winner of the tourney which is split $600K-$400K for the winner.

To win that $600K, you have to win 2 fights

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            Can anyone tell me why Golovkin's nickname is GGG? I only see 2 g's in gennady Golovkin
            In that culture your middle name is your fathers first name and is used all the time. And his father had the same name as him

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Edwin Rodriguez (168lb fighter) turned down $500,000 to fight Golovkin before Rosado so that was the kind of money on the table to fight Golovkin back then, seems like a decent fee?

Anyway, I give Quillin a shot at beating Golovkin. He's right when he says GGG gets hit too much and PQ can really crack.
              You can say the same thing about Quillin. Peter Quillin gets hit a lot too...he can't let that happened against a big puncher like GGG. It's an interesting fight but I'd favor GGG to win in an all action-packed slugfest by KO inside 6 rounds in a FOTY type of fight.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                You can say the same thing about Quillin. Peter Quillin gets hit a lot too...he can't let that happened against a big puncher like GGG. It's an interesting fight but I'd favor GGG to win in an all action-packed slugfest by KO inside 6 rounds in a FOTY type of fight.
                Who do you think is the more powerful puncher?

Comment

It'll happen eventually I think

Comment

This fight is building all the time. It's gonna be big when it finally goes down. Golovkin has to be the favorite. I like Pete, but I think his power is the main thing that keeps him in the conversation when discussing a fight between him and GGG.

Comment

One fighter is easy to hit, but has superb power, and the other has very good boxing skills who imo can be caught in exchanges.

This fight is a great fight for both guys should it happen. I'll go with the guy who can land their jab to set up their monster shots. I'm picking Quillen by ko. If GG wins, props to him for me underestimating him. Until then, we'll probably be stuck with the "scared boxers" talk up until fight time.

Comment

Working...
                      X