Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
    Here's my choice as KO of the Year 2009:

(go to 8:45 on the video)

Thanks Tunney!

Frenkel caught him brilliantly!

Comment

Originally posted by RAGE OF ANGELS View Post
      TBF, Frenkel has some pretty great power.

It was inevitable Enzo would leave himself open and get caught by something big. I was waiting for it all fight, and it finally came right as I was starting to the think he might actually go the distance and have a good night.

Enzo was so game to get up like he did, but the official disgraced himself by letting him take that punishment.

I feel for Maccarinelli. It's been apparent for some time that he's never going to be a contender at Championship level again. Building him back up on cans doesn't reduce the risk he faces when he steps in the ring with someone who carries a punch. He's suffered multiple concussive knockouts in the last 2 and a half years, is fragile and can't hold a gameplan together for 12 rounds - he can't box on without significant risk to his health, IMO. Time to call it a day.
      It's apparent that he was never an elite fighter.

Comment

Murat got Destroyed on the same card by Cleverly

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
          It's apparent that he was never an elite fighter.
          Only the deluded would ever have claimed that Enzo was elite.

He was able enough to hang at CW contender level for a while, though. Picked up a strap, defended it some times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrimosa View Post
            Ok, first of all the referee is a moron...

I mean you don`t let the fighter (who got knocked 3 times in the past 2 years) continue fighting after he was knocked down so brutally. Enzo fell like a chopped tree, he was out on his feet... These hometown referees make me sick. First Khan was nearly killed by Prescott, now this...

I was cheering for Frenkel and I`m glad he won, being behind on the scorecards... But c`mon... this is not entertainment... This is how fighters get permanently damaged... I hope Enzo hangs them up this time... Otherwise every next knockout loss on his record is his own fault...

Yep the Khan fight should have been stopped too after the first KD, As soon as Enzo went down yesterday i was like i hope the ref stops the fight now, He got up looking glass eyes, Guards down and the ref didnt even spend sometime to observe him before letting him continue, You would have thought the ref has done his homework and knows how Enzo has been KO brutally in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by WladIsTheChamp View Post
              put up a video link, is it out on yt? Slavic domination....you Anglo-Saxons just can't hang...
              hahahaha - very good. Just one thing super Slav

Enzo would be a Celt being as he is Welsh. A quick check of wikipedia should educate you a little not much but a little

Notice you didn't mention his fellow Celt Cleverly who being as he isn't shot and doesn't leave his chin out for fun would take that 2nd rate club fighter Frenkel to school even with a 15lb weight difference. So does that mean you Slavs can't hang?

Comment

I swear, Enzo Maccarinelli must have one of the worst chins out of every fighter that's ever been on the world level. It's like that movie "Unbreakable": When it comes to chin, for every Alfredo Angulo, there's an Enzo Maccarinelli.

Comment

Enzo hasn't been the same bloke since the destruction of David Haye, he looks ever so fragile and delicate since that loss. Although Enzo was never an elite fighter, he was fighting at a decent level for some time, but as he went the up the ranks I guess he was just exposed for being a C level fighter. Enzo has a horrible defense, it's not hard to see that, looking at his previous losses, they were all pretty bad KO's, he gets caught with huge hooks, and frankly I cant watch him get hurt anymore. Enzo suffered one of worst KO's i've seen for donkeys years last night, the previous ones were bad enough, but last night's KO was the icing on the cake, he was violated by Frenkel. Enzo is just embarrassing himself now, it's not funny anymore. It's clear to me that Enzo doesn't possess the tools to fight among the top, for starters, he shouldn't even been in the ring with someone holding as much power as Frenkel. His defense have led him to bad KO's everytime!

Time for Enzo to retire, he is a danger to himself in the ring, and I for one don't want to see him fight ever again, only someone sick would want to see Enzo get hurt again. Enzo was ok at contender level but that's about it, anyone with power were a danger to him.

This being said, I wish Enzo all the best in the future, and hope he recovers fully. Props to Enzo, he had the courage to fight anyone, but no more should he fight.

Comment

enzo needs to retire before he gets permanently hurt. hes not even losing to top guys, hes getting ktfo by tune ups and fighters ppl never heard of before. usually when u see a KO like this u get all excited about the guy who scored it, thinking hes a monster and ****. but if every fighter who knocked enzo the **** out was monster the CW division would be p4p better then the fabolous 4 era, and we all know that aint the case.

Comment

Not a fan of Enzo but the ref should have stopped it after the first knockdown he was out on his feet.

Comment

Working...
                      X