No announcement yet.

Vanes Martirosyan=Yuri Foreman "West"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vanes Martirosyan=Yuri Foreman "West"

Seriously, of course this would be the next step by Mr Bob, and it does not surprise me at all that "Top Rank" (ie Arum) wants to make the fight, and is "pushing" Cotto to fight another undefeated "prospect" for Mr Bob's stable. Just like Cotto never really expressed desire to fight Yuri Foreman and only fought the guy b/c it was the only option given to him, the only reason he would ever fight this guy would be b/c Arum is forcing his hand, so to speak.

We all saw how obvious it was once the build to the Cotto-Foreman fight began that Mr Bob was trying to use Cotto as a platform/stepping stool/gatekeeper to get Yuri Foreman out there and was not so secretly hoping Foreman would win so Mr Bob would have an undefeated NYC-based, ethnic, Jewish star with a win over the 3rd biggest draw in ther sport and a probable hall of famer. It was pretty damn obvious he wanted Foreman to win and was using Cotto as a "star-maker". Cotto beats Foreman, Mr Bob didnt seem to pleased his plans didn't work out.

Now, Top Rank (ie Arum) wants Cotto to fight Vanes. Why? Same reasons they wanted him to fight Foreman, except Vanes is basically the West Coast version of Foreman. Vanes is a young undefeated prospect, and like Foreman was the representative of one of the largest ethnic groups in NYC...Vanes is Armenian and Armenians are basically for LA as Jews are for NYC (yeah, that is some broad brushstroking, but you get what Im saying). There is a very large Armenian community in the LA-area and just like Foreman, were he to upset Cotto suddenly Mr Bob would have an LA-based, undefeated, ethnic Armenian draw on the West Coast.

In my opinion, it seems like Mr Bob is more concerned with trying to use Cotto to "put over" (to use a wrestling term) one of his younger stars that he thinks would be highly marketable in NYC or LA and would have a dedicated ethnic following than he is in Cotto, himself. This would equate to Mr Bobs second try at using Cotto to make a new star, hoping he loses. The fact that Mr Bob seems to have developed a very cozy relationship with Freddie Roach I think is an element, too.

In addition, everything I've read about this proposed fight so far indicates it is a possibility b/c FREDDIE ROACH is pushing Top Rank for it. Ummm, excuse me, but since when should Freddie Roach be dictating to Top Rank who Miguel Cotto should be fighting next, and why on Earth should Top Rank be pushing Cotto to fight Vanes b/c the trainer of ANOTHER fighter wants the fight? Where does Cotto's opinion come into any of this? Since when do nobody fighters who have name trainers get to push for anything. Can anyone picture Manny Pacquaio being "pushed" into fighting some nobody b/c the nobody is trained by Teddy Atlas, or something? Of course not...

Originally posted by NWO4Life View Post
    Seriously, of course this would be the next step by Mr Bob, and it does not surprise me at all that "Top Rank" (ie Arum) wants to make the fight, and is "pushing" Cotto to fight another undefeated "prospect" for Mr Bob's stable. Just like Cotto never really expressed desire to fight Yuri Foreman and only fought the guy b/c it was the only option given to him, the only reason he would ever fight this guy would be b/c Arum is forcing his hand, so to speak.

We all saw how obvious it was once the build to the Cotto-Foreman fight began that Mr Bob was trying to use Cotto as a platform/stepping stool/gatekeeper to get Yuri Foreman out there and was not so secretly hoping Foreman would win so Mr Bob would have an undefeated NYC-based, ethnic, Jewish star with a win over the 3rd biggest draw in ther sport and a probable hall of famer. It was pretty damn obvious he wanted Foreman to win and was using Cotto as a "star-maker". Cotto beats Foreman, Mr Bob didnt seem to pleased his plans didn't work out.

Now, Top Rank (ie Arum) wants Cotto to fight Vanes. Why? Same reasons they wanted him to fight Foreman, except Vanes is basically the West Coast version of Foreman. Vanes is a young undefeated prospect, and like Foreman was the representative of one of the largest ethnic groups in NYC...Vanes is Armenian and Armenians are basically for LA as Jews are for NYC (yeah, that is some broad brushstroking, but you get what Im saying). There is a very large Armenian community in the LA-area and just like Foreman, were he to upset Cotto suddenly Mr Bob would have an LA-based, undefeated, ethnic Armenian draw on the West Coast.

In my opinion, it seems like Mr Bob is more concerned with trying to use Cotto to "put over" (to use a wrestling term) one of his younger stars that he thinks would be highly marketable in NYC or LA and would have a dedicated ethnic following than he is in Cotto, himself. This would equate to Mr Bobs second try at using Cotto to make a new star, hoping he loses. The fact that Mr Bob seems to have developed a very cozy relationship with Freddie Roach I think is an element, too.

In addition, everything I've read about this proposed fight so far indicates it is a possibility b/c FREDDIE ROACH is pushing Top Rank for it. Ummm, excuse me, but since when should Freddie Roach be dictating to Top Rank who Miguel Cotto should be fighting next, and why on Earth should Top Rank be pushing Cotto to fight Vanes b/c the trainer of ANOTHER fighter wants the fight? Where does Cotto's opinion come into any of this? Since when do nobody fighters who have name trainers get to push for anything. Can anyone picture Manny Pacquaio being "pushed" into fighting some nobody b/c the nobody is trained by Teddy Atlas, or something? Of course not...

Sorry.. but Cotto's opinion doesn't matter.. Sorry to break it to you.. Cotto says himself.. I'll let my promoters worry about who i fight next.. I will fight anyone they put in front of me.. So.. Arum decides to put Vanes in front of him.. No ones fault but Cotto's.. But thats what makes him so great.. he's willing to take on ANYONE..

I think its a good idea.. cause its a softer fight for him.. not as bad as the wars he's been in recently.. so if gives him more time to mesh better with ManStu..

Comment

Working...
    X