Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much credit will you give Ward if he beats Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is a bum so...

Comment

Whoever wins is most likely going to be recognized as the P4P number 1.
      So a lot of credit for either guy.

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
        Compared to GGG, yes he is.
        But GGG is almost in his mid-30s. By your logic he is shot.

****, why am I doing this? Goodbye.

Comment

Little credit, because Ward cant beat the Krusher, and if he does, it'll be because Kovalev was seriously diminished for some reason, maybe injured, sick, etc. Something fishy would have to happen for Ward to win

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            But GGG is almost in his mid-30s. By your logic he is shot.

****, why am I doing this? Goodbye.
            Hahaha, I know I nearly wrote this very reply but thought "Is there really any point?"

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
              Kovalev looked awful in his last fight, I think it's a combination of Kovalev aging, and Kovalev not having the diverse arsenal that GGG has. I wish Ward didnt turn down the GGG fight when HBO sat down with GGG/Ward, and GGG said that he was ready. Ward tried to play it off like he wanted the fight when he offered a fight when GGG was already booked for Lemieux, and was promised the winner of Canelo/Cotto. Why the hell would GGG agree to this offer? Ward wanted nothing to do with Golovkin. He settled for the easier more one dimensional boxer in Kovalev.
              Chilemba is no push over and Kovalev beat him without question. I see Kovalev beating Ward and I don't think he's "aged" at all. If Ward, wins of course, he gets the FOTY and number one pound for pound no doubt. I'll definitely congratulate and be happy for whoever wins the biggest showdown of the year. As a boxing fan, you really should. These are the kind of fights that need to happen. The best vs. the best.

Comment

If Ward wins which I predict and hope he will....he has to be seen higher on the PFP ATG list. Right now I have him ahead of Calzaghee due to competition and right behind Jones and Toney on the 168 pound list. Beat Kov makes him considered for somewhere on the top 175 pounders of recent years.

Comment

Go away alt troll. Kovalev looked bad vs. Chilemba because of styles. Unless Kovalev is injured, Ward will get all the credit in the world for that win.

Comment

I'd say it pretty much locks him as P4P #1, probably for a while since the other guys in the discussion aren't taking compelling fights.

Comment

Haters can't deny him when he pulls this off. Beating the big bad boogey man gonna have fools picking their jaws off the floor. Then I would like to see him go after Stevenson to remove any doubt.

Comment

Working...
                      X