Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Povetkin Holds Meeting With WBC: Awaits Decision on Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the WBC rules the fight to go on and they can reschedule before the end of the year.

Comment

at people who dont seem to understand it was legal until Jan 2016. They do not know how long it takes to leave system. The result found was something like .07 micrograms..among other clean samples. Seems a rational person would think, ok this seems like mitigating circumstances. Fight should carry on.

Comment

The article makes it seem as if Povetkin is waiting, eager in anticipation, trembling from excitement, to see if his fate is going to be decided.

In my humble opinion, this is not the case.

I think it's WBC that are nervous here. They are stuck between the rock and the hard place - two billionaires. Only my feeling is that Al Haymon didn't have much to do here.

Povetkin's case is rock solid, and he has the legal muscle to back him up. WBC will mandate the fight. There might be some kind of concession to Wilder to make it look balanced, but the most I can think of is allowing one more voluntary or a unification fight.

Now, a special communication for our little friends barking out the words like "drug cheat". Meldonium WAS legal before Jan 2016. Povetkin tested BELOW the level allowed by WADA.

I find it interesting that all media reports said WBC postponed the fight, not Wilder pulled out. Yet Ryabinsky did not sue WBC. He may have decided to go the way of least resistance and have a potential lawsuit as leverage here.

So mark my words, WBC will rule that Wilder has to fight Povetkin. Maybe not immediately after Arreola, but max one fight after.

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
          The article makes it seem as if Povetkin is waiting, eager in anticipation, trembling from excitement, to see if his fate is going to be decided.

In my humble opinion, this is not the case.

I think it's WBC that are nervous here. They are stuck between the rock and the hard place - two billionaires. Only my feeling is that Al Haymon didn't have much to do here.
          I agree. They weren't prepared for what to do if someone actually tested positive.

Povetkin's case is rock solid, and he has the legal muscle to back him up. WBC will mandate the fight. There might be some kind of concession to Wilder to make it look balanced, but the most I can think of is allowing one more voluntary or a unification fight.

Now, a special communication for our little friends barking out the words like "drug cheat". Meldonium WAS legal before Jan 2016. Povetkin tested BELOW the level allowed by WADA.
          Disagree. From the article it looks like they changed their stance from it was below the legal limit to trace amounts disappear and reappear.

I find it interesting that all media reports said WBC postponed the fight, not Wilder pulled out. Yet Ryabinsky did not sue WBC. He may have decided to go the way of least resistance and have a potential lawsuit as leverage here.

So mark my words, WBC will rule that Wilder has to fight Povetkin. Maybe not immediately after Arreola, but max one fight after.
          He didn't sue Wilder until after Wilder sued him. His lawsuit was a reaction not a proactive. The WBC is on record saying the fight is postponed. It wasn't Wilder's decision to make. The results came out to close to the fight date. If something had happened to Wilder in that fight the WBC would be held clegally responsible, and no insurance company would've insured that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
            If the Meldonium leves detected were within the allowed limit, then Povetkin didn't get caught and Meldonium was not a banned substance in late 2015.
            This isn't a naturally occurring substance like testosterone where level need to be watched, this is a foreign body that only get in the body one way. Any amount is indicative of use and should not be allowed. Plus WADA put out the guidelines of how much is okay, the WBC could have a zero tolerance policy and none of it be acceptable.

Comment

Just give it up Povetkin, Wilder is going to get what's coming to him. Eventually he's going to have to fight somebody like Ortiz or Fury or Joshua or Breazeale and when he does his title reign will permanently end. It will take a while, till then just keep watching him knock out tomato cans like Arreola and Molina, after Arreola he'll probably fight that guy on the street that asked me for some change last week. Hahahaa

Comment

Screw PEDvetkin that dope drugged out Communist Cheat Turd

PEDvetkin disgraced himself and all of boxing as a drugged up disgraced caught in the act steroid communist cheating scum bag. Ban this low SOB forever and move on. Druggies have no place in Boxing make a stand and ban that commie forever. Clean up boxing NOW

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  This isn't a naturally occurring substance like testosterone where level need to be watched, this is a foreign body that only get in the body one way. Any amount is indicative of use and should not be allowed. Plus WADA put out the guidelines of how much is okay, the WBC could have a zero tolerance policy and none of it be acceptable.
                  If you actually read the WADA document which seems you didn't, you'd find that WADA states that levels below 1 microgram per mililiter need to be investigated because the athelete might have consumed it before the ban, since it's still not clear the excretion rate of the substance. I posted the document, is it hard to read? is it too much for you?

Comment

Wilder cannot keep hanging out in Alabama avoiding legitimate contenders & fighting and pretenders as Arreola ...eventually he will have 2 fight someone fairly credible in boxing's weakest Division and he will lose...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                      at people who dont seem to understand it was legal until Jan 2016. They do not know how long it takes to leave system. The result found was something like .07 micrograms..among other clean samples. Seems a rational person would think, ok this seems like mitigating circumstances. Fight should carry on.
                      FUK U! A " rational" person would not be taking heart medicine if they didn't have Heart issues. That punk is a LIAR, Cheat, and a DECEITFUL POS at the least. I'm sure his team is looking at the latest drugs to take next that aren't banned yet. Why not just fight clean with hard work and determination???

Comment

Working...
                      X