This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    i believe that the intention after the vitali loss (legit, vitali looked good,) and the adamek loss (not so legit,) was to lose weight. it never happened.

henry ramirez spoke in a radio interview about taking time off to allow chris to lose the lbs. they were moving him and allowing him to work on things the way you might with a "real deal" type fighter. he's got some decent skills, he does have decent power that he'll throw, but the guy is literally fat. you can't box at the top level like that.

i think it's being realized slowly that arreola is not the real deal. he's going to be an exciting fighter for however long he's boxing. he might win a paper title along the way, but only after the klitschkos fade horribly or retire.
    if the man can win paper title or even the lineal title after it's vacated by wladimir, there's hardly any chance of him remaining conditioned and putting a run together. he'll go back to his old ways.

his natural tendencies are to eat a sh#tload, sit around, and guzzle corona. the man is not going to be a great or even very good boxer

hopefully he'll step up again and make for exciting fights. right now he's moving backwards.
    Hopefully Seth Mitchell can get in the ring with him while Arreola still matters. No matter what happens, the fight would be exciting.

Comment

i believe that the intention after the vitali loss (legit, vitali looked good,) and the adamek loss (not so legit,) was to lose weight. it never happened.

henry ramirez spoke in a radio interview about taking time off to allow chris to lose the lbs. they were moving him and allowing him to work on things the way you might with a "real deal" type fighter. he's got some decent skills, he does have decent power that he'll throw, but the guy is literally fat. you can't box at the top level like that.

i think it's being realized slowly that arreola is not the real deal. he's going to be an exciting fighter for however long he's boxing. he might win a paper title along the way, but only after the klitschkos fade horribly or retire.
      if the man can win paper title or even the lineal title after it's vacated by wladimir, there's hardly any chance of him remaining conditioned and putting a run together. he'll go back to his old ways.

his natural tendencies are to eat a sh#tload, sit around, and guzzle corona. the man is not going to be a great or even very good boxer

hopefully he'll step up again and make for exciting fights. right now he's moving backwards.
      The thing is, when we were first talking about Arreola as a good prospect, was back in 2008 when he was 26 years old.

The man is 31 now, 31. if he couldn't get the weight off in his 20's then he's got no chance in his 30's. He's just going to get fatter and slower. They haven't even tried to get him in with Povetkin.

I mean that Adamek fight was over two years ago, and since then he's done nothing.

Hasn't fought in 6 months, so you know he's back up to 290lbs or so right now...

In the meantime, he sits around, more and more valid prospects are coming up through the ranks, Arreola will be lucky to even get another title shot at this rate, let alone win one.

I think he will go down as a "maybe he could have done something, if he was motivated" kind of guy

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        The thing is, when we were first talking about Arreola as a good prospect, was back in 2008 when he was 26 years old.

The man is 31 now, 31. if he couldn't get the weight off in his 20's then he's got no chance in his 30's. He's just going to get fatter and slower. They haven't even tried to get him in with Povetkin.

I mean that Adamek fight was over two years ago, and since then he's done nothing.

Hasn't fought in 6 months, so you know he's back up to 290lbs or so right now...

In the meantime, he sits around, more and more valid prospects are coming up through the ranks, Arreola will be lucky to even get another title shot at this rate, let alone win one.

I think he will go down as a "maybe he could have done something, if he was motivated" kind of guy

i agree with everything you said. arreola is an all purpose waste.

i believe that arreola's management tried to give him the opportunity to turn it around in these past two years and he spat in their faces.

it's unfortunate that he's gotten so much confidence from hbo and goosen. the guy will never amount to anything and has done next to nothing to earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          Mucho dissappointe in Arreola this year. After fighting only once in 2012, he fell off the map and hasn't been seen since. His management seems to be intent on Arreola getting a title shot via the path of least resistance. Since his loss to Adamek he has been fighting B & C level opponents and there hasn't been any plans to step up and fight someone credible.
          I thought he was injured since his last fight. True or false?

Comment

Chris "The Nipple" Arreola.

Comment

He was getting hyped up as the possible "First Mexican-American Heavyweight Champion" before he fought Vitali. He was undefeated, but everyone who saw his fight with Travis Walker knew that his defense was terrible, and had only a puncher's chance. Like many Mexican fighters, he comes forward and tries to force his opponent into exchanges on the inside. But Chris doesn't have the reflexes and head movement to avoid damage coming in. It's a terrible strategy to take against the Klitschkos. They eat those type of fighters for breakfast.
              Last edited by SN!PER; 08-27-2012, 08:59 AM.

Comment

I don't even agree with "puncher's chance". He hasn't got that much pop IMO.

Comment

Chris Arreola is the Babe Ruth of boxing. He's fat, he likes to drink and eat a lot but can hit home runs...

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
                  I thought he was injured since his last fight. True or false?
                  There were rumors that the injury was faked because his team didn't want to risk his top (WBC) ranking by fighting a low profile (and low $$$) guy like Mollo...

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Well Arreola isn't that good
                    How the heck did you get banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      That's pretty ****ing awful for a guy that has been considered a "contender" for the best part of 5 years.

His biggest nights were getting absolutely abused by Vitali, and a loss to Adamek that is looking worse and worse as time goes by.

Why is this guy still talked about as a potential title challenger?

His resume is pitiful, even for this era.
                      Never understood the hype surrounding this guy. LOL @ HBO talking him up before the Vitali fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X