No announcement yet.

How dd you quit smoking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    Like you i also only smoke when socializing/drinking.

Midweek i use an e-cigarette.

Impossible i think, unless i stop drinking.
    You smoke online?

Here, take a drag

Comment

A friend of mine smoked for about 3 years, started off socially smoking (took a cig off another friend of mine), he wanted a cig here and there, and then it ended up he basically wanted a cig every time we were out. He smoked a full box every day about 14 months ago, then he basically quit cold turkey and hasn't smoked a single cig since and he does not regret it at all.

I've only tried a cig twice, took one or two tokes but I can't stand it and never have done it again. It's not worth it, not even close.

Comment

dont quit mate.

Comment

I've been smoking on and off since I was twelve and when I started boxing at 15 I quit and I've never felt that good I'm trying to quit again right now this is the longest I've smoked at once 2 years straight but it's always heavy sometimes a pack and a half a day. So I'm trying cold turkey I'm trying to find something to occupy my time I wanna start boxing again.

Once you find something to occupy your time you'll be good but it's a great feeling

Comment

Not sure if you have e cigs there but they seem to work great.

Comment

Stop going out and getting pissed. It's fun but it's near on impossible to go drinking and not have a ***, mainly because cigs tastes amazing when you're drunk but also because you'll be hanging around other people who smoke as well which makes it even more difficult. I quite smoking in the day time completely and i rarely smoke now but i still have the odd few when i'm on a night out with the lads, someone will always be smoking or have a pack even if the majority of us have stopped doing it.

Another option is that you replace it with something else. Common ones are working out at the gym or replace it with food which works quite well but it's dangerous as i know a lot of people get fat because they eat every time they get a cig craving.

Comment

Cold turkey. The first two days were really hard but after that it kept getting easier and after about 2 weeks I never even thought about smoking again.

Comment

If it is that important to you to quit smoking, you should avoid the situations in which you would light up.

A taper plan is an effective way to stop any addiction, but it takes a lot mentally.

If you're smoking only on the weekends when you see your girl, just tell her you want to quit. Maybe she'll make sure you don't smoke or even quit with you.

Comment

Originally posted by larryXdavid View Post
                    dont quit mate.
                    Don't listen to this honorable fool.

Comment

Been almost a year since I smoked a cigarette.

Been vaping so I'm still getting a little nicotine but I'm slowly weening myself of it.

I feel great and I don't think I'm going back.

Comment

Working...
                      X