No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gavin vs Welborn Early Results From West Midlands

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gavin vs Welborn Early Results From West Midlands

In a tactical six-rounder, super middleweight Grant Cunningham (7-0, 2 KOs) displayed a good jab and very potent bodypunching abilities to methodically outscore and outpunch upset-minded "Mad" Mitch Mitchell (1-3, 1 KO). Cunnigham used his left hook to an extent and put Mitchell down with this punch late in round five. However, his lack of power prevented the fight from a stoppage win. The sole score was 58-55 - for Cunnigham. BoxingScene had it 60-53 - also for the native of Stafford.

[Click Here To Read More]

Shame, I like McPhilbin but impressive to stop him. Well done.

Anyone watching it?

Comment

I really can't see anything special for Gavin, I really can't. Impressive amateur credentials, but he's not the amazing fighter Boxnation hype him up to be.

Maybe he'll keep on improving. Not sure what world title chances he has, pretty packed division

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
        I really can't see anything special for Gavin, I really can't. Impressive amateur credentials, but he's not the amazing fighter Boxnation hype him up to be.

Maybe he'll keep on improving. Not sure what world title chances he has, pretty packed division
        I was thinking the same myself, Liam. He reminds me of Colin McMillan. Excellent skills but maybe not the physical strength to get to the top level.

A fight with Vassell would go a long way to erasing some of those doubts although there's still a Universe in class between the best that Europe has at Welter compared to the best in the World.

Comment

Working...
        X