Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs tested positive for banned substance, fight declared a NC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a funny feeling the rash of positive test results are going to be more common from now on.

Expect to see ringside judges tested as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
      I got a funny feeling the rash of positive test results are going to be more common from now on.

Expect to see ringside judges tested as well.
      Its a known fact that ring side judges don't use roids their drug of choice is crack.

Comment

LOL! No surprise there...he went from 225 to 270 in like 5 years.he didn't look fat he looked like "strangler"Steve disalvo(all you canadian & puerto rican wrestling fans might remember). short cuts taken again just like teddy atlas said when they parted ways.I wonder what teddy will say January 8 when Briggs was to fight on the undercard of fnf.he's done for good! Suspension for 6 months at least.I can't see him coming back again....I guess toney did it twice

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
          LOL! No surprise there...he went from 225 to 270 in like 5 years.he didn't look fat he looked like "strangler"Steve disalvo(all you canadian & puerto rican wrestling fans might remember). short cuts taken again just like teddy atlas said when they parted ways.I wonder what teddy will say January 8 when Briggs was to fight on the undercard of fnf.he's done for good! Suspension for 6 months at least.I can't see him coming back again....I guess toney did it twice
          What's your point?

Comment

Originally posted by Adamantium View Post
            Its a known fact that ring side judges don't use roids their drug of choice is crack.
            More like a little sip of bourbon, scotch and brandy just before the fight gets underway. Calms the nerves but doesn't guarantee you'll get a fair score.

Comment

I'm just glad this story broke before I made my selection for the fighter of the year in 2009.

Comment

Edited for pro-purposes.
                Last edited by Jeremy Shirk; 03-23-2014, 09:21 AM. Reason: Fallout

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                  Shannon Briggs recent fight with Marcus McGee was originally considered to be a first round KO win for Shannon, but tests taken after the fight revealed Shannon had been taking an illegal substance.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4629&cat=boxer

The fight has now been declared a no contest.
                  wow to face a bum he needed an edge?!

Comment

Some of Shannon's punches sound different than any other hits I've heard in the ring. He has always had freakish power, I'm actually glad they're getting him removed because he could've killed someone.

Comment

Shannon briggs......
                      Last edited by Jeremy Shirk; 03-23-2014, 09:19 AM. Reason: Shannon is a theif.

Comment

Working...
                      X