Best division in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best division in boxing?

Vote and discuss.

Minimumweight: Francisco Rodriguez Jr., Katsunari Takayama, Hekkie Budler, Oswaldo Novoa, Ryuji Hara, Merlito Sabillo, Kosei Tanaka

Flyweight: Juan Francisco Estrada, Roman Gonzalez, Brian Viloria, Akira Yaegashi, Giovani Segura, Juan Carlos Reveco, Koki Eto, Kazuto Ioka, Amnat Ruenroeng, Ryo Miyazaki, Milan Melindo, McWilliams Arroyo

Featherweight: Abner Mares, Vasyl Lomachenko, Jhonny Gonzalez, Nonito Donaire, Evgeny Gradovich, Nicholas Walters, Jesus Cuellar, Simpiwe Vetyeka, Marvin Sonsona, Gary Russell Jr.

Super Featherweight: Takashi Uchiyama, Takashi Miura, Mikey Garcia, Orlando Salido, Javier Fortuna, Francisco Vargas, Rances Barthelemy, Jose Pedraza, Juan Carlos Burgos, Michael Farenas

Junior Welterweight: Lucas Matthysse, Mauricio Herrera, Viktor Postol, Danny Garcia, Ruslan Provodnikov, Chris Algieri, Humberto Soto, Adrien Broner, Jessie Vargas, Lamont Peterson

Welterweight: Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Kell Brook, Marcos Maidana, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Amir Khan, Tim Bradley, Keith Thurman, Robert Guerrero, Shawn Porter, Luis Abregu, Devon Alexander

Junior Middleweight: Saul Alvarez, James Kirkland, Carlos Molina, Erislandy Lara, Austin Trout, Demetrius Andrade, Vanes Martirosyan, Jermell Charlo

Super Middleweight: Andre Ward, Carl Froch, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., George Groves, James DeGale, Robert Stieglitz, Arthur Abraham, Anthony Dirrell, Marco Antonio Periban, Edwin Rodriguez
    Minimumweight (105)
    0.00%
    Flyweight (112)
    31.82%
    Featherweight (126)
    9.09%
    Super Featherweight (130)
    0.00%
    Junior Welterweight (140)
    0.00%
    Welterweight (147)
    45.45%
    Junior Middleweight (154)
    0.00%
    Super Middleweight (168)
    0.00%
    Other
    13.64%

126, 140, 147, 154, 175 are the best.

147 and 175 especially.

Comment

it's definitely flyweight because it has one of the best fighters of the past 50 years in his prime: roman gonzalez

p4p gonzalez is better than anyone else including pac, wlad, froch, and mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
        126, 140, 147, 154, 175 are the best.

147 and 175 especially.
        175? seriously???

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
          175? seriously???
          Yes?

Beterbiev, Mekhonstev, Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Stevenson, BHop, Pascal etc. Flooded weight class.

Comment

I pretty much agree with what Truth said. 147 probably has the most "nomadic" talent because they migrate to lower and higher divisions... And as a single division 175 is deep.

Comment

I'd go with flyweight and featherweight, super bantam is not too far off either and is probably the most top heavy division south of 154.

Some people have given a shout out to 147 and 175, both are laughable answers, seriously guys, do you even watch boxing? Outside of Pac and Floyd and possibly Bradley, who else is there? Thurman is too unproven, Brook and Porter are just working there way into the highest echelons, DA is too up and down, Maidana is a simple slugger and Thurman has yet to fight a live body. Too many of these guys are converted light welters, and some of the other guys will probably move up in weight when they feel like it.

175, outside of the top 3 has nobody, tonnes of guys who are in the Thurman position.

I actually think 140 with Garcia, Matt, Provo, Broner is better.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                I'd go with flyweight and featherweight, super bantam is not too far off either and is probably the most top heavy division south of 154.

Some people have given a shout out to 147 and 175, both are laughable answers, seriously guys, do you even watch boxing? Outside of Pac and Floyd and possibly Bradley, who else is there? Thurman is too unproven, Brook and Porter are just working there way into the highest echelons, DA is too up and down, Maidana is a simple slugger and Thurman has yet to fight a live body. Too many of these guys are converted light welters, and some of the other guys will probably move up in weight when they feel like it.

175, outside of the top 3 has nobody, tonnes of guys who are in the Thurman position.

I actually think 140 with Garcia, Matt, Provo, Broner is better.
                I know what you mean, but like I said 147 is just kind of the middle of those 3 divisions (140, 147, 154) where a lot of guys have moved up or down for "mega" fights.

If we strictly looked at guys who are exclusively fighting at 147 right now, yeah it wouldn't rank as high.

Comment

If the top fighters in the division are all avoiding fighting each other, it would be unjustifiable to call it the best or even a great division. The only division where the top fighters have been willing to fight each other is 168 and that occurred three years.

There is no best division in boxing today. There is not even a great division in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
                    Yes?

Beterbiev, Mekhonstev, Kovalev, Gvozdyk, Stevenson, BHop, Pascal etc. Flooded weight class.
                    That's what I was going to say. It may not look hot right now, but when these big, amateur stand outs with power start making their way onto the scene, it's going to be an exciting division to watch for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X