No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones on Mayweather, Rigondeaux, Pacquiao-Alvarado

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
    ALL COMMENTS regarding ANYTHING to do with Pacquiao that comes from a Pacquiao fan, is null and void. In fact, any of their comments made in any article that mentions Pacquiaio's name in it is void. I'll even take it a step further to say that anyone who is a Pacquiao fan, esp if you are a Filipino, nothing you say about boxing means anything... AT ALL. Because you are all a bunch of dilusional biased slurpers. Seriously. Anytime his name is mentioned y'all turn into lil b*tches and complain about everything said about him that is not "praising" of his name. As a HUGE Pac fan and one of his first supporters, (before most all of you bandwagon jumpers who started slurping him only when his name got big) I must say i cannot wait for him to retire so i dont have to hear any of you idiots bicker anymore. Marquez beat him 3 times and Pac got paid off decesions, hands down. 90% of boxing experts give Marquez 3 of the 4 fights. The reason Pacquio kept giving him rematches is because he is a warrior and in his heart he knows he DID NOT WIN and wanted to prove to HIMSELF tha he did. His only problem was not being honest and talking **** about thinking he won. Be a man and admit a bad decesion. Pacman got knocked da **** out because of Karma. God has a way of evening out the playing field.

#justsaying
    Green K! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
      I said before I am BIG on consistency. Jones contradicted himself.

Jones says in this article that Donaire was distracted but in the article (video) below he essentially says distractions don't matter and that Donaire is still focused and we're crazy to think he's not. 3:20

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-roy...ra-more--64318
      He's making excuses for one of his favorite fighter. If you remember right before the start of the 1st round in the Rigondeaux fight, Lampley asked question, something about what is he anxious about, he replied by saying he's interested to see what both fighters are going to do. There was a slight pause when he said it. Right there I knew by him being a fan of Donaire, he was lying. Roy was disappointed and surprised in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
        I said before I am BIG on consistency. Jones contradicted himself.

Jones says in this article that Donaire was distracted but in the article (video) below he essentially says distractions don't matter and that Donaire is still focused and we're crazy to think he's not. 3:20

http://www.boxingscene.com/video-roy...ra-more--64318
        ...Roy didn't say distractions don't matter, he says distractions will always be there and a true athlete knows how to ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe View Post
          ALL COMMENTS regarding ANYTHING to do with Pacquiao that comes from a Pacquiao fan, is null and void. In fact, any of their comments made in any article that mentions Pacquiaio's name in it is void. I'll even take it a step further to say that anyone who is a Pacquiao fan, esp if you are a Filipino, nothing you say about boxing means anything... AT ALL. Because you are all a bunch of dilusional biased slurpers. Seriously. Anytime his name is mentioned y'all turn into lil b*tches and complain about everything said about him that is not "praising" of his name. As a HUGE Pac fan and one of his first supporters, (before most all of you bandwagon jumpers who started slurping him only when his name got big) I must say i cannot wait for him to retire so i dont have to hear any of you idiots bicker anymore. Marquez beat him 3 times and Pac got paid off decesions, hands down. 90% of boxing experts give Marquez 3 of the 4 fights. The reason Pacquio kept giving him rematches is because he is a warrior and in his heart he knows he DID NOT WIN and wanted to prove to HIMSELF tha he did. His only problem was not being honest and talking **** about thinking he won. Be a man and admit a bad decesion. Pacman got knocked da **** out because of Karma. God has a way of evening out the playing field.

#justsaying
          1) Please use paragraphs, if you can. This will make your writing easier to read.

2) As a self-acknowledged Pacquiao fan (you're one of his first!), your opinion must be even worse than null and void.

3) I can accept the opinion that a boxer's fans and detractors can have heated arguments against each other. And those arguments don't even always make sense. But can't you accept the fact that they have strong opinions, just like you do? Dismissing one's opinion by using another is hardly effective.

4) You call Pacquiao fans "idiots" that "bicker," but it didn't take long after I started reading your post to realize that you're bickering yourself. What makes you different from the people you can't stand, aside from the fact that you hold the opposite opinion? Your writing reflects poorly on your character, if not your intellect. The best that I can say about your post is that it's a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

5) Dismissing Filipinos as a group because--well, actually, I can think of no intelligent reason for anyone to dismiss a whole race's boxing knowledge simply on the basis of one's necessarily limited experience with some people of that race's liking a particular athlete. What I do know, is that what you wrote is racist. And you cannot intelligently justify that.

6) Saying that Pacquiao knew "in his heart" that he "DID NOT WIN" is pure speculation on your part. If you have evidence to support your claim, please provide it. Otherwise, it is your opinion, which holds no more value than anyone else's.

7) Unless you have the divine ability to mete out punishment, or negative karma, you cannot intelligently use "karma" as a basis to explain why Pacquiao was knocked out. Perhaps Marquez lost so many times earlier because of his own bad karma. I don't know enough to say. And I certainly won't use foul language when professing to know how "God" evens out the playing field.
          Last edited by liuj88; 04-20-2013, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X