No announcement yet.

50 cent Get rich or die trying VS Snoop Doggs Doggystyle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 cent Get rich or die trying VS Snoop Doggs Doggystyle

which one was the better debut album. Im not just talking about record sales, but, anticipation and final product as well. Go ahead cast your vote and let us know why.
    Snoop
    70.00%
    30.00%

Doggystyle, i guess.

Comment

Facts first: "Get Rich..." is #10 on the best-selling list, while "Doggystyle" is #17.
      http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05...ng-rap-albums/

If I had to choose between the albums as they are, I'd choose "Get Rich..." over "Doggystyle". 50's album is 16 minutes longer with no skits/interludes (not counting the six second intro), which means more music. Snoop has 6 skits/interludes littered throughout the album, which I've long since deleted. If you take out the skits/interlude, I'd pick "Doggystyle" over "Get Rich...". Get Rich has some filler tracks (ie. Gotta Make It To Heaven, Like My Style, Poor Lil Rich, Blood Hound) that work against it in this category, even-though I like all of them. Take out the filler tracks and then I'll be at a stalemate. I love both albums though.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Facts first: "Get Rich..." is #10 on the best-selling list, while "Doggystyle" is #17.
        http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05...ng-rap-albums/

If I had to choose between the albums as they are, I'd choose "Get Rich..." over "Doggystyle". 50's album is 16 minutes longer with no skits/interludes (not counting the six second intro), which means more music. Snoop has 6 skits/interludes littered throughout the album, which I've long since deleted. If you take out the skits/interlude, I'd pick "Doggystyle" over "Get Rich...". Get Rich has some filler tracks (ie. Gotta Make It To Heaven, Like My Style, Poor Lil Rich, Blood Hound) that work against it in this category, even-though I like all of them. Take out the filler tracks and then I'll be at a stalemate. I love both albums though.
        Good answer. I also considered a lot of this info and still came up with somewhat of a stalemate. I think get rich barely edges it out as there wasn't as many cameo's from other artists on it.
        To me that was the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by DonMega View Post
          Good answer. I also considered a lot of this info and still came up with somewhat of a stalemate. I think get rich barely edges it out as there wasn't as many cameo's from other artists on it.
          To me that was the difference.
          Get Rich features: Em, Banks, Buck, Yayo, Nate Dogg, Snoop Dogg,
          Doggystyle features: Lady of Rage, Daz, Kurupt, D.O.C., RBX, Nate Dogg, Warren G, The Dramatics, Nancy Fletcher, Lil Malik

Doggystyle felt very much like a West Coast album with the features and G-Funk sound, which definitely isn't a bad thing. Get Rich seemed to blend so many sounds to the point where it doesn't sound like it belongs to any coast.

Snoop/50 and their debuts have several parallels, especially the fact that they've never seemed to come close to topping them. Hitting a grand-slam the first time out is a magical occasion, you can't expect to do that again.

Comment

Both great albums but I give the edge to snoop because, at the time, he was considered one of the best rappers out. I don't think 50 was ever considered one of the best rappers, his appeal was due to other factors which made his album intriguing. I don't know wtf happened to these guys after these albums though. Snoop fell right the **** off with his next album and didn't sound the same.

Comment

Doggystyle and it ain't even close.

Doggystyle imo is one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time. GRODT wouldn't make my top 30. **** maybe even 50.
              Last edited by stefjonno1; 11-28-2014, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                Both great albums but I give the edge to snoop because, at the time, he was considered one of the best rappers out. I don't think 50 was ever considered one of the best rappers, his appeal was due to other factors which made his album intriguing. I don't know wtf happened to these guys after these albums though. Snoop fell right the **** off with his next album and didn't sound the same.
                To me, "Doggystyle" really benefited from coming soon after "The Chronic", they struck while the iron was hot. "Doggfather" came out three years after his debut, and things had changed: 2pac died during the production process, Dre wasn't involved, and Snoop was on trial and he became a dad. There's some good songs on that album (i.e. 2001, Vapors, Snoop Bounce, Gold Rush, Snoops Upside Ya Head), but some of the filler tracks sound flat due to the production and/or Snoop's delivery/lyrics. Then he adds interludes/skits to make the album longer than it needs to be.

On the other hand, "The Massacre" suffers from being too long and the song layout could use some re-working. The first 5 tracks (In My Hood, This is 50, I'm Supposed to Die Tonight, Piggy Bank, Gatman & Robin) sound polished and cinematic while still retaining their grittiness. Then, "Candy Shop" comes in and all hell breaks loose lol. It messes up the vibe that's been created by the previous songs. It's the worst out of the club tracks and the biggest fuck-up of the album. He really tried to appeal to everyone with "The Massacre" and it affects the album's replay value.

Both Doggfather and Massacre might've matched their predecessors had better decisions been made.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 11-28-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Get Rich features one of the greatest burials in rap history

"I know *****s from your hood you have no history
                  never poked nuttin
                  never popped nuttin
                  *****s stop frontin"

Comment

Snoopdog I guess

Comment

Working...
                    X