This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
    IMF would be a good choice, based on what everyone tells me. I've tried the Fighting Sports glove from title and they were similar to the Black series in that they are very protective and feel stuffed, rather than foam injected (just a different feel, not necessarily better). Your hands are going to hurt no matter what at first. After a few months, when your hands get tough, you'll find out if you need more in the wrist, knuckle, etc.

Regarding Mayweather, that's an interesting thing. I read the same thing and ended up buying the Grants. Then, I realized that all that info is coming from GRANT, and May still rocks the Winning gloves in training. Grant says that Floyd swears by their gloves and they have plenty of photos with him wearing them. And, keep in mind that the ones they make specially for him are orthopedic, not the ones they normally sell. But, Floyd is still using Winning in the recent sparring vid and on HBO 24/7. I think the reason he goes with Grant in the ring is that they inflict more damage (Winning is a little spongy) and the fact that Grant will make him a custom-fit glove. But, it seems he prefers Winning in training.
    Regardless what he uses, I know that I simply can't hurt my knuckes in the Winning, no matter how hard I hit, whereas the Grants felt as effective as wrapping a dish-cloth around my hand a'la Joe Pesci in Raging Bull.

cool thanks man, one more last thing, are adidas gloves any good?

Comment

• I'm looking for Grant Pro Fight Gloves for sale

I saw them on ringside for 80 bucks a week ago but they sold out. Does anyone have some who can sell them to me for at most 100 dollars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
        ive looked at some grants and their cuffs seem to be really sturdy. I havent had any grants, but i do have these really cheap Everlast with really great wrist protection due to the cuffs so i can only imagine who much better the grants would be. But i haven't had any experience with other gloves some maybe other people can shed some light
        Where did you buy this Everlast ?? Can you give me directions??

Comment

• Grant v Title Black

Originally posted by Slightly Dazed View Post
          I had the Grant Professional training gloves for a few months and I've had the Winning lace-ups for a week. The Grants have some of the best wrist protection of any glove. They also offer the very best protection from punches in sparring. But, the knuckle area is not protective or fluffy like it appears. It's stiff and hard, aka a "puncher's glove". My fingers and knuckles were getting murdered when using Grants on the bag. Sparring was fine.

The Winnings have incredible protection in the knuckle area if your form is perfect. They will not protect you when you throw a bad hook. The wrist protection is average, IMO. I'm having to use double wraps because even though the Winnings have completely solved my hand pain, my wrists are now starting to hurt (something that never happened with any other glove). Hopefully, that will go away now that I'm wrapping heavier in the wrist. Unless you've tried a lot of gloves and you absolutely need something orthopedic, the Winnings are not necessary at all. I got them because I have huge hands but small joints so I'm susceptible to damage. I'll continue to use these but on days when my wrists need more support, I have a pair of Title Black-series bag gloves that I love.

If you're starting out, the IMF Tech's from Ringside are loved by many, and are cheap. As are the Title Gels. Getting something like that will give you good protection and if you find out that you need extra protection, you can upgrade. Dumping a lot of money into it right away isn't a good move. Many of the best guys at my gym use cheap gloves because they simply don't require anything expensive.
          Hey, you are one of the only people on here that seems to have all three gloves that I'm interested in. Right not the Winning are just out of my range at $350+ shipping. That leaves Grants and Title Black. I'm looking for bag gloves.

What size are your Grants and Title Blacks? How would you compare knuckle and wrist protection between the two if they were both 14oz or 16oz. I've heard the Title Blacks are super heavy so a 14oz weighs the same as other brands 16oz and their 16oz is more like an 18 or 20oz in another brand, have you found that to be true? If so would you say the padding in a 14oz Title Black would be roughly equivalent to that found in a 16oz in another brand (I know maybe too much of a generalization)?

Grant's current pricing is much higher than is was this time last year. They just emailed me back and stock super bag gloves run $249.99 for 12-14oz and $289.99 for 16-18oz. Customs, $375-$399 craziness. So at $249 - $289 for stock Grants the Title Black are starting to look better.

Comment

• Might buy the Rival High Performance Mitts

The *name withheld* mitts I'm currently using are nearly toast. They outperformed and outlasted their expectation so I give them some props, but wouldn't never recommend them, as I figure mine were just a fluke.

I'm thinking about replacing them with the Rival High Performance Mitts, does anyone have any experience with these? Are they worth the money? Durability? Comfort? Whatchya think?

Comment

• Glove Reviews - Sparring/Bag Work

Please post your opinion on gloves you have used so that users can get information prior to purchasing these gloves. I have used a couple of types. Here is some information on three brands.

Cleto Reyes (16 oz.) - Hard to make a fist. Good protection. Kind of heavy. Thicker foam and padding all over. Good fitting on long skinny hands.

Grant (16 oz.) - Comfortable. Easy to make fist. Good wrist support & overall support. Feel light. Softer foam. Wrist area is tight fitting on long skinny hands.

Casanova (16 oz.) - Hardly any knuckle padding. Most of the padding is for wrist support. Good puncher's glove. Loose fitting on long skinny hands.

I currently have Cleto Reyes 16 oz. (for bag work) and Grant 16 oz. (for sparring) and was thinking about buying some Everlast Protex2 gloves.

Comment

• How do I delete this thread. This should be posted along with the general boxing gear thread.

Comment

• Try the Double A Boxing Gloves,you'll love them

Comment

• Originally posted by chico 305 View Post
                    Try the Double A Boxing Gloves,you'll love them
                    I agree..I have one pair and I am satisfied....

Comment

• Thank you, guys. I like those kind of gloves which only the hardcore boxing fans know about. I will look out for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X